Review: Most of All You by Mia Sheridan

MOST OF ALL YOU

by Mia Sheridan
Publication date: October 17, 2017
Format: Paperback/Kindle
Source: Purchased
5 Stars

A broken woman . . .

Crystal learned long ago that love brings only pain. Feeling nothing at all is far better than being hurt again. She guards her wounded heart behind a hard exterior and carries within her a deep mistrust of men, who, in her experience, have only ever used and taken.

A man in need of help . . .

Then Gabriel Dalton walks into her life. Despite the terrible darkness of his past, there's an undeniable goodness in him. And even though she knows the cost, Crystal finds herself drawn to Gabriel. His quiet strength is wearing down her defenses and his gentle patience is causing her to question everything she thought she knew.

Only love can mend a shattered heart . . .

Crystal and Gabriel never imagined that the world, which had stolen everything from them, would bring them a deep love like this. Except fate will only take them so far, and now the choice is theirs: Harden their hearts once again or find the courage to shed their painful pasts.


GOODREADS | AMAZON | AUDIBLE




The more I read from Mia Sheridan the more I am convinced that she is incapable of writing anything that I will not love. Granted, I’ll also be weeping, devastated, and emotionally traumatized… but I’ll still love it. Most of All You was no exception and, as I’m writing this review, it is my first (and only) five star read of the year so far.

There are many reasons why this book impacted me the way it did, and why I immediately gave it five stars when I so rarely do that. But the main reason is this: Gabriel Dalton. Sheridan has a knack at creating soft, sweet heroes and Gabriel was all that and more. He was shy and sweet; kind and generous. He was loving, hopeful, optimistic, endearing, and utterly precious. There was an innocence and purity to Gabriel that was surprising considering what he had been through at such a young age, and it was the fact that he could maintain those qualities and remain so kind and loving that made him so special.


Sometimes we wore such hurtful, limiting labels in this life, whether they’d been assigned by others or by ourselves. I’d felt damaged and ruined once, but I didn’t anymore. I was still a work in progress, but I wasn’t a victim. I was a survivor. – Gabriel


Crystal was a character who had suffered loss at a young age and been dealt some cruel circumstances. Working at a strip club to support herself, she had no faith in men and trusted no one. People, especially men, used you, abused you, or abandoned you. She put on an act to get through the nights, but it wasn’t until Gabriel Dalton walked into her life that she felt truly seen. Despite her attempts to push him away, a twist of fate brought them even closer together.


I’d never dared to dream because in my mind, dreams never came true. It was too painful to dream, to hope for what could never be and for what I didn’t trust myself to obtain. - Crystal


Watching these two damaged souls reach for each other and find comfort and solace and understanding in one another was breathtakingly beautiful. Crystal was outwardly brave and resilient but inwardly she would do anything, even deny herself a chance at happiness, to avoid being hurt yet again. Watching her slowly discover her own worth made me want to cheer for her. Gabriel’s quiet confidence, and his willingness to bare his heart to this young woman who had every reason not to trust, helped to create a beautiful, slow-burning romance that was so tender, yet so powerful.


And you, most of all you. You get my heart. You. And, God, I hope you want it. But if you don't, I still won't regret giving it to you. Even then, I won't regret loving you because it means I win. - Gabriel


It's worth mentioning, that at first the chapter headings didn’t make any sense to me. Interesting quotes from oddly-named characters. By the time I understood the meaning, and the representation, I was a sobbing mess. That was an aspect that was so emotional and will stay with me. (Just thinking about it makes my eyes get teary and my heart go to mush.)


Most of All You was an incredible and moving story of healing, of moving on, and finding peace with your life. Mia Sheridan has a way of making characters feel completely real, as if she’s relating a true story, and it’s impossible not to feel their pain and their struggles. But there’s also a healthy dose of hope, acceptance, and truly swoony romance. Simply put, Most of All You was unforgettable. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



You May Also Enjoy...

      

Covers link to GoodReads

25 comments

  1. Damaged people, a soft hero, and a promise of weeping sounds like a book for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Gabriel was the softest of soft heroes and I adored him. My heart is melting just thinking about him.

      Delete
  2. I think Making Faces is my favorite so far from Mia Sheridan, but I loved Archer's Voice, as well. This sounds really good, too! I'll have to see if they have a library audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Making Faces was wonderful but Archer's Voice has always been my favorite from Sheridan. Now I'm not so sure... this one might take that top spot!

      Delete
    2. Rachel - It just clicked with me that Making Faces is by Amy Harmon not Mia Sheridan. I actually thought it was Sheridan, too, for a minute. Hard to keep it all straight! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hm... I loved Archer's Voice but the other couple I read of Sheridan's didn't work as well for me. You have me rethinking skipping this one since you obviously loved it so much. So, yeah. Back on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - I hope you'll love it as much as I did if you decide to give it a try.

      Delete
  4. It's great to find an author that you LOVE and can do no wrong. I'm one of the oddballs that liked but didn't love Archer's Voice so I don't know if I'd like this one but I like to give an author a few tries.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - Mia Sheridan is definitely one of those authors for me. But obviously not every book (or author) suits every reader.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I've read anything by Mia Sheridan. I heard Archers Voice was also very good. I'm going to have to look out for some books by her. Lovely review, i'm so glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - I'd say Archer's Voice is her best know/most loved book, but I've really enjoyed everything I've read from Sheridan.

      Delete
  6. I have only read one Mia Sheridan but I do agree in how she will really move the reader and I am thrilled that this one was such a win for you. I can definitely see why that wouled be the case from your review here.

    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing and really like love healed these two characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela - Thanks. These were two really special characters.

      Delete
  8. I absolutely need to get back to her books!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - I have to space them out because they're so emotional!

      Delete
  9. I usually don't go for books that will make me cry (my real life leaves me crying enough lol) but this one just sounds worth all those tears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - It was definitely worth the tears! :) Such a satisfying story and ending.

      Delete
  10. I've not read anything by this author but dang, I wanted to cry just from reading your review. This definitely sounds like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - I hope you'll give Sheridan a try at some point. Either this one or Archer's Voice. Both are excellent!

      Delete
  11. It sounds like Mia Sheridan delivered a perfectly emotional read here. I know there are certain authors like that who always know how to hit you in the feels. I love that the chapter headings alluded to something more and you only realised once you were into the book and already emotionally invested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky - Sheridan is definitely one of those authors that can engage my emotions and get me every time.

      Delete
  12. Okay, you have convinced me that it is time to give this author a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - I hope you'll love her if you do decide to try something by Sheridan!

      Delete