The Sunday Post #289 | May 29, 2022

  

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

T H E   W E E K   I N   R E V I E W

Hi friends, it's been a while! I've been on vacation the last week and was almost completely unplugged (loved it), and the week prior I was busy wrapping things up at the office in anticipation of the time off. The Husband and I enjoyed some much needed downtime and were happy as clams all week.😊


The Husband was honored at an event the week prior to vacation and I have to take a moment to brag on him. For those who don't know, Robert served 20 years in the U.S. Navy and after retirement started a new career in the finance world, retiring (again) after 23 years. Since then he has volunteered his time and expertise at the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society. Two days a week he works as a caseworker, providing financial assistance (both interest-free loans and grants) to active duty and retired servicemembers. He was honored for his volunteer leadership and was presented with The President's Volunteer Service Award, including a letter signed by President Biden. I simply could not be more proud of him and the selfless help he provides.


And in hockey news (come on, it's the Stanley Cup playoffs, you know I've gotta squeal and flail and my Tampa Lightning), the guys did it again! They made a clean sweep of Round Two and beat the Florida Panthers four games in a row. So exciting to watch - and yes I tuned in while on vacation! :) Another step closer to the Stanley Cup... looking for a threepeat!

I was tempted to play Queen's "We Are the Champions" for this week's 80's music fix, but I think I'll save that for when they win the Cup. :) Instead, how about we stick with Queen and tell it like it is... Another One Bites the Dust (buh-bye, Panthers). LOL 


O N   T H E   B L O G
 
Not a thing... been on vacation mode. 😎

W H A T   I   R E A D



Kindle: Stone (Pittsburgh Titans #2) by Sawyer Bennett - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.25
Hardcover: Heartstopper (Volume 4) by Alice Oseman - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Audio: Just One Night (The Kingston Family #1) by Carly Phillips - ⭐⭐⭐.5
Kindle: Falling Embers (Tattered & Torn #2) by Catherine Cowles - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.25
Kindle: Love Hard (Hard Play #3) by Nalini Singh - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

C U R R E N T L Y   R E A D I N G 


Audio: Those Three Little Words (The Vancouver Agitators #2) by Meghan Quinn

N E W   A D D I T I O N S

Every trip to Orlando means a stop at one of my favorite Barnes & Noble locations. I'm not even sure what makes that one better than any others (maybe because I just tie it to vacation and good times) but I hit it up every time I'm there. I was so surprised to find several by Mariana Zapata on the shelf! I don't think I've ever seen her books in stores before. Naturally, I couldn't leave without a couple in hand. :)


T O T A L L Y   R A N D O M

MEMORIAL DAY: A time to honor, remember, and mourn U.S. military personnel who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Thank you for your sacrifice to this nation.



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

40 comments

  1. Your vacation pictures look lovely and I totally get that you're so proud of your husband!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great vacation. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the hubs! His lifelong service and dedication is a wonderful thing. Vacations really are the best, and it looks like you two had a great time. I am not a sports fan, but I will cheer for you - Go Lightning! And, I see you read Love Hard. Solid rating, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! The work Robert does at the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is such a perfect fit for him. It's funny, I've never been a sports fan but somehow over the past 2-3 years, hockey has become quite a thing for me! Who knew? :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your hubby! Glad you had a great vacation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can be proud of Robert! It's amazing Tanya!!! Congratulations! Also I see that you had a great time on holiday so that's amazing! Now From Lukov with Love is one of my favorites by Mariana so I hope you'll love it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - So glad to hear that about From Lukov with Love!

      Delete
  6. Yay for a vacation! And congrats to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and he deserves all the praise for his service. And I am glad you enjoyed the downtime. I hope you have a great week ahead.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite an accomplishment for you husband! How cool! I'm jealous of your getaway. We have rain this weekend. At least it's supposed to get nice this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna. The getaway was so perfect. Much needed and much enjoyed. I hope your weather has improved this week!

      Delete
  9. Congrats to your husband! I hope you both enjoyed your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to read you guys had such a great time. Time to unplug is definitely needed at times.
    And congratulations to your husband. That's amazing. You must be very proud of him. ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! Being unplugged for a while was just what I needed. And I am definitely so proud of my husband! :)

      Delete
  11. I'm happy you had such a great vacation. You must be so proud of your husband and his awesome service.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! Vacation was much needed and enjoyed. And I am so, so proud of my husband. :)

      Delete
  12. Congratulations to your husband. That sounds like such an honor. And, I'm glad you both enjoyed your vacation!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for vacation! Those pool pics look nice! :) And congrats to your husband! That's awesome.

    Go Bolts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Go Bolts indeed! Round Three starts tonight. :)

      Delete
  14. Congrats to your husband! That's amazing! So glad you enjoyed your vacation! Nothing beats unplugging and just relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vacation!! So glad you enjoyed your time off. And Congratulations to your husband. I know how important those Relief Societies are as I've seen them help many service people over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Are you're so right, the Relief Society provides such a valuable service.

      Delete
  16. I'm glad to hear you had such a vacation. Congrats to your hubby! I can understand why you're so proud of him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! The getaway came at the perfect time. :)

      Delete
  17. The unplugging sounds wonderful and congrats to your husband.

    We've been stuck inside with covid *cries*

    I got the 1-4 volume of Heartstopper. I had read the first for free but it was cheaper to just buy it this way instead of individually to continue now that it's popular.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - On no! Both you and Kevin have it? I'm so sorry to hear it. :(

      Delete
  18. I am so happy to hear that you had a nice vacation! Unplugging for a week sounds fabulous! What a wonderful honor for your husband. I know that it was very much deserved. I hope that you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole! It was great to just check out for a while and not be online. I should do that more often!

      Delete
  19. Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation, Tanya! It's nice to unplug sometimes. What a wonderful man you married! Glad he was honored for his generous work!

    I love Mariana Zapata, but I've never seen her books in a store. I bought a physical copy of The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, but I need to buy Kulti and more. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually only read one by Zapata so far but it was enough to make me a convert. I went the audio route for The Wall of Winnipeg and Me (at your recommendation) and because I already knew that I liked Callie Dalton. I loved it so much I bought a physical copy.

      Delete