The Sunday Post #287 | May 8, 2022

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

T H E   W E E K   I N   R E V I E W

Happy Mother's Day to those who celebrate it. For those of you who do not have a mom (or mom-figure) in your life right now, I'm sending you hugs. I know that Father's Day is a little sad for me since losing my dad. I should be seeing my mom for dinner tonight. I hope you have a great day no matter how you spend it.

Is it just me or was this the Longest. Week. Ever? Not a bad week, but looong. I worked from home on Thursday just to break up the week and have a change of pace. I was beyond happy when Friday finally rolled around. Sheesh!

The NHL playoffs started this week and it's been up and down. My team (the Tampa Lightning) have won one game and lost two. It's a best of seven series sooo... they really need to win tonight before they're in dire straits. 

In some "hey, that's pretty cool" news, the Broward County Public Library in Florida is allowing anyone to sign up for a library card, no matter where they live (although, I imagine it's limited to the U.S.). That means you would get access to their entire Hoopla catalog... so hooray for more free ebooks and audiobooks! Just go here and click on Apply Online for a Library Instant eCard.

Duran Duran was my band throughout the 80's. I was obsessed. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this week so for this week's 80's music fix we're going with The Reflex (1983). Enjoy!



O N   T H E   B L O G
 
Tuesday, May 3

Friday, May 6

W H A T   I   R E A D



Audio: Kiss and Don't Tell (Vancouver Agitators #1) by Meghan Quinn - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.25
Kindle: Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2) by Nalini Singh - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kindle: A Night for Us (The Wilder Brother #0.5) by Carrie Ann Ryan - ⭐⭐⭐.5
Kindle: Roping the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch #0.5)by Kennedy Fox - ⭐⭐⭐.5

C U R R E N T L Y   R E A D I N G 

  

Audio: My Famous Frenemy (Greene Family #6) by Piper Rayne
Kindle: One Way Back to Me (The Wilder Brothers #1) by Carrie Ann Ryan

N E W   A D D I T I O N S

Not a thing.

T O T A L L Y   R A N D O M



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!






38 comments

  1. I have seen a lot of that library sharing type thing with electronic resources. I remember someone at work telling me for $5 they could apply for electronic only from a town they didn't live in. It's great to have more borrow options. My townships selection is abysmal. Thank goodness the kid has a great eLibrary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Sam. Over the last couple years I've seen more and more options for reduced-cost memberships or even free. Gotta love free access to more books!

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful dinner with your mother! My sister has considered joining my county library since hers is just a small local one and often doesn't have everything she is looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I love that there's access available beyond your own county/city. More options is always better. :)

      Delete
  3. I have a friend at Port St. Lucie and should pass on the library news about Broward county.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I've been doing is working, sleeping, and watching hockey. Luckily, the Avalanche have won all their games so far. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Avalanche! They're sure to move on. I'd love to see the Lightning go for a three-peat but they need to get it into gear tonight.

      Delete
  5. It was a long week for me as well. Long and quiet. I loved Duran Duran back in the day too! So happy to see them inducted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - I was happy to see they made it. And Pat Benatar and Eurythmics... it was a total 80's induction. :)

      Delete
  6. oh good to know it wasn't just me where this week felt so LONG! I have no idea why, but it just dragged especially at work. Hopefully this week is better for you. I am glad you enjoyed that Meghan Quinn, I heart that one is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - I just love Meghan Quinn and Kiss and Don't Tell was even better than I expected. I've already downloaded the next book in the series, Those Three Little Words. :)

      Delete
  7. I love that libraries are offering cards to everyone! It is so important since so many places are now banning all kinds of books. Hopefully this week seems quicker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha - Same here! I applaud any effort to make books more accessible.

      Delete
  8. Happy Mother's Day. OMG.. That random pic is hilarious!! Well.. my husband forgot all about Mother's Day. Sigh.. Your current reads look amazing.
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, sorry to hear your husband forgot Mother's Day. That had to be a letdown. :( I hope he makes up for it and takes care of this week!

      Delete
  9. I checked but unfortunately I can't get the library card sigh. Now my week was very long too so I commiserate. And I am crossing my fingers for the Tampa Lightning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it didn't work for you, Sophie. I figured it was U.S. only. :( Your finger-crossing worked... the Lightning won their game last night! :)

      Delete
  10. Yes! The week felt like it was just dragging by! Thanks for the info on the library! I will never turn down the chance for more ebooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - Right? Another venue for free books is always welcome!

      Delete
  11. I hope you have a great Mother's Day with your mom! :)

    Duran Duran were awesome and I'm still fan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes I have loved the Broward County library for awhile now. My town also has an abysmal selection. I had that same feeling of a long week. Probably because I didn't feel good and then had to get myself back on track. It didn't help having some days in the upper 80s. I'm glad this week is cooler.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - Too bad your local library is so limited. I'm so thankful that there are several options for free books!

      It's at least ten degrees cooler here today and I'm loving it!

      Delete
  13. Sorry about your father. I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm signed up with three different libraries. One by home, work, and at my daughter's house. I'll sign up for where I'm moving to next. It's nice to have options! Hope you enjoy Mother's Day with your mom, and yay for reading book two in the Psy-Changeling series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Awesome to have several options for books! I can't believe I waited so long to read the Psy-Changeling series. I'm really enjoying it!

      Delete
  15. I'm tempted to sign up for that library card. My library uses Overdrive. I don't think they do Hoopla. There might be more books to read then. Hm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - My library has both Overdrive and Hoopla but there are still titles that neither carries. I figured one more option was a good thing!

      Delete
  16. I don't think I hear of the band Duran Duran. I look in to applying for a Broward County Public Library and it said you has to be a resident.

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it did not work for you, Marianna. It's a great offer that they're making.

      Delete
  17. Everyone has been confusing me with mother's day and it's because we celebrate on a different date in the UK. I thought I'd forgotten to get my mom something. I felt last week flew by but I had so many plans and then I just wanted to be really lazy at the weekend. And I love Duran Duran! They're a bit before my time but I think I just heard them so much at home that they're songs always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky - LOL I could see where that would get confusing! And induce instant panic over not having a gift planned. :) Oooh, I love that you know who Duran Duran is! They totally defined by teen years and it's amazing to me that they're still releasing new music.

      Delete
  18. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day with your mom. Yay, I was so excited that Duran Duran got inducted this year. Loved them when I was a teen and I still love them today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - It's amazing that the band is still together and still making music! And I still love them, too. :)

      Delete
  19. I love it when libraries make books accessible to those that may not have great resources in their area. I remember when Duran Duran was everywhere. I had a thing for Mtv and I feel like their videos were on all the time. I hope that you had a nice Mother's Day with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - So true! Duran Duran were mainstays on MTV for many years.

      Delete