Book Haul: 01


So this book haul (or at least part of it) came about in an interesting way. To start with, I'll tell you about The Car Show Remuneration Act. It came about  a year or so ago. My husband is a "car guy" and he takes part in a lot of car shows - mostly local but sometimes not so local. Even for local shows he's gone pretty much all day. I'm fine with it. He's doing something he enjoys and I have some alone time to do as I please. But my husband decided he needed to do something to "make it up to me." And so was born The Car Show Remuneration Act. There are various levels but what it boils down to is that if he goes to a car show I get a book. :) Ranging from a Kindle version to a trade paperback to a hardcover and (the big one) two hardcovers. All dependent upon whether he gets a trophy, if I go with him, etc. He has quite the formula worked out! So two books from this haul are from recent car shows where he won trophies. Lucky for me he has an awesome car that gets a lot of attention... and a lot of love at the car shows!

The other three books came in a slightly different way. For weeks I've been saying I was going to clean out closet. Needed to be done, but... it was just one of those things I hadn't got around to yet. Last weekend I mentioned it (again) and my husband upped the ante by telling me for every 10 items of clothing I got rid of he'd buy me one book. Color me motivated! Thirty-four items later and my book haul was shaping up!

Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire
I've read Beautiful Disaster, Walking Disaster and A Beautiful Wedding but have yet to start the Maddox Brothers series. I had issues with the Beautiful series , namely melodrama! Plus, Travis obviously had anger and jealousy issues and Abby - could she have been any more hot-cold with Travis? She put the poor guy through the emotional wringer. But I still found myself sucked it. And I enjoyed it enough to want to continue with the Maddox Brothers. I already have Beautiful Oblivion so Beautiful Redemption was next on the list.

Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker
Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker was one of the best books I read last year. It was one of those that take you completely by surprise and are so much more than you were expecting. I'm looking forward to continuing on with the companion novels.

Reckless by S.C. Stephens
Another case of me gathering a entire series/trilogy before I've even read the first book. Reckless is the third book in an ongoing series. 

The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Do I even need to give a reason for this one? I mean, it's Jennifer L. Armentrout, people! :) I adore her writing and will read everything she publishes. The Return is the first book in the Titan series, which is a spin-off from the completed Covenant series. (But can we just talk about the cover for a minute? Ugh, it's hideous! The original was so much better. I can't imagine why they changed it.)

The Days of Anna Madrigal by Armistead Maupin
The final book in the remarkable Tales of the City series. It all started 37 years ago and ends here. These characters feel like old friends and I'll be so sad to say goodbye.

So what was the last book you bought? Tell me in the comments... I'd love to hear!

No comments