A to Z Bookish Survey



Today, for something a little different, I decided to do the A to Z Survey. 
It originated here. Let's get started!


Author you’ve read the most books from:

Surprisingly, Danielle Steel (50 books). 
I read *a lot* of her books in the early 90's and have picked one up 
here and there in the years since.

(Need an easy way to figure this out? If you have Goodreads and keep good track 
of your stuff there, go to “my books” and on the left hand side under your shelves 
you will see “most read authors.”)

Best Sequel Ever:

Origin or Opposition from the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout

Currently Reading:

Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout 

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Sweet iced tea (it's the house wine of the South!)

E-reader or Physical Book?

Both! 
I’m definitely a physical book girl but I love my Kindle for review copies, vacation time and just being on the go, so I can have lots of options with me.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have 
Actually Dated In High School:

I totally want to say Daemon Black from Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series but let's be real. That never would have happened. :) I'll go with Park from Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. Much more realistic.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Addicted To You by Krista and Becca Ritchie.
I came across an ARC on NetGalley and decided to give it a try. I'm *so* glad I did because I loved it. Six books later and it is one of my favorite series ever. 

Hidden Gem Book:

Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally. So much more than I expected.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Discovering Goodreads, without a doubt. I joined back in 2007 and it quickly became 
my go-to tool for all things book-related. 

Just Finished:

The Moment of Letting Go by J.A. Redmerski

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I don't think there's anything that I can say I would *never* read but I rarely reach for nonfiction. I want escapism, not facts.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (1,070 pages)

(This can also be found from your GoodReads page. Got to your "Read" page and the Stats option at the top of the page will allow you to show number of pages. You can then sort by number of pages.)

Major book hangover because of:

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Three. 
One large built-in unit (custom-made by my father) and two smaller bookshelves.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

I rarely ever reread (just too many books I want to enjoy to spend time on books I've already read) but I did reread Opal and Origin before picking up the final book (Opposition) in the Lux series.

Preferred Place To Read:

At home, in my reading room, in my comfy chair.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“I've learned that the heart can't be told when and who and how it should love. The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do. The only thing we can control is whether we give our lives and our minds the chance to catch up to our hearts."
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Reading Regret:

No regrets! I read for sheer pleasure - what I want, when I want. 
What's to regret about that? :)

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons. I suppose I'm waiting for a time when I think my poor heart can take the trampling it's bound to receive.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Jennifer Armentrout and Abbi Glines. I adore them. I've met them both and managed to keep my cool and not lapse into fangirl mode... but on the inside? I was totally flailing.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

November 9 by Colleen Hoover. 
Need. It. Now!

Worst Bookish Habit:

I read in the bath and in the pool. Not only with physical books but with my Kindle as well. Yeah, yeah, I know, bad idea. But I'm careful. Honest!

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Your latest book purchase:

What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi. 
I cannot even express how excited I am for this one.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I had to know how it all ended.

I'd love to see your answers! If you've done the survey in the past, 
or decide to do it now, leave your link in the comments so I can 
check it out! 

No comments