Top Ten Tuesday: Take Me There | Book Settings I Want to Visit

  

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

This Week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
Books Setting I Want to Visit

This week's prompt is pretty straightforward. Book set in places that I'd want to visit, either real of fictional. That leaves it wide open, no?

Anyone remember this song from the late 90's? Confession: I was today years old when I learned that it was actually from a movie soundtrack. The Rugrats Movie?? The guy actually spells out Rugrats at the beginning of the song and I never once caught that. LOL 


Take Me There - Blackstreet w/ Mya and Mase


BOOKS SETTINGS I WANT TO VISIT


THE CIRCLE B RANCH & INN, TEXAS
I can't say that I'm cut out for ranch life, but I've come to love the Circle B ranch over the last seven books or so. The land, the spectacular sunsets, the charming B&B with Maisie's cooking, the yummy cowboys... when do we leave? 😉

THE NIGHT COURT/COURT OF DREAMS
I won't be surprised if I see Velaris/The Night Court on a lot of lists today. The descriptions of Velaris are captivating, filled with people who value art and beauty. And seeing Starfall would be pretty amazing!

THE LAKESIDE COURTYARD
While the world of The Others isn't always safe (way too many beings that are willing to make a meal of the humans), I still want to visit the Lakeside Courtyard. That's where some of my favorite characters of all time live. Meg at the liaison's office, Simon and Vlad at Howling Good Reads, Tess at A Little Bite, Henry at his studio. Maybe I could become part of Meg's human pack. 😊

THE SHIPLEY FARM, VERMONT
Visiting the Shipley Farm in Vermont would be heavenly. I'd taste-test the cider, pick some apples, dine on some of Mama Shipley's cooking, and make lots of friends.

SUNRISE BAY, ALASKA
I've come to love this (fictional) small Alaskan town. I want to visit Presley's bookshop, have a meal at Cade and Jed's brewery/restaurant, listen to Nikki's radio show, and hang out with the whole Greene clan.

KAUAI, HAWAII
After reading about all the sites Faith and Asher visited in Kauai, I want to see it all for myself. Aloha!

ITALY
Can I please be invited to stay at Neil Drake's Italian villa on the sea? 

BANFF, CANADA
No, I don't want to go for the luxury cabin full of hockey players (well, not just that). But the descriptions of the town of Banff had me so curious when reading this one that I had to Google it. And the pictures absolutely made me want to visit the quaint little town.

SALVATION ISLAND, IRELAND
Oh how I'd love to visit the (fictional) island of Salvation. The remote island is only accessible by boat and while conditions may sometimes be unforgiving, the isolation sounds tempting. Make me a reservation at Otter Lodge.

TALAMH
A magical realm that is accessed through a portal in Ireland. A land with thatched-roof cottages, fairies, mermaids, and dragons. Yes, please!


Have you read any of these books?

31 comments

  1. Ditto for so many of these! I've been to Kauai, and it was gorgeous. I wouldn't mind going back. And I would love to see Banff after seeing pictures of it. And Ireland. And Vermont. So many places to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - I can't wait until I feel comfortable traveling again. So many places I want to go.

      Delete
  2. I’ve lived in Canada for years but have never been to Banff. I’ve heard it’s really beautiful, though.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-set-in-a-place-id-love-to-visit/

    ReplyDelete
  3. *High Five* I want to move to Salvation. Loved that place! My daughter grew up on the The Rugrats and I owned that soundtrack. Listened to it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I vaguely remember the Rugrats but I don't think I ever knew there was a movie. Still like the song, though. :)

      Delete
  4. I've never read The Night Court but just the descriptions I've seen- it sounds magical. Plus my kids are all over those books now lol.

    Kauai- yes please. Vermont, Italy... Ireland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - That's so cool that your kids are reading the ACOTAR books!

      Delete
  5. I'd definitely love to step into Maas and Bishop's worlds. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - Bishop's world might be more than I bargained for, but it would be worth it to hang with everyone there. :)

      Delete
    2. I can imagine it'd be both frightening and exhilarating!

      Delete
  6. I'd go to all of these places! What fun choices. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Suzanne - And maybe Cassian or Rhys would give me a tour. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm all for isolation on a rugged Irish island—as long as it has running water, indoor plumbing, and electricity, of course! I'm not a roughing it sort of person. Ha ha.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just in Banff a few weeks ago. It's stunning, and I want to go back! I hope you get a chance to get there soon. I want to go to Alaska someday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - I remember seeing your photos from Banff! They were gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  10. Alaska is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, make me a reservation at Otter Lodge, too! I loved the setting of One Night on the Island. I'd love to visit the Lakeside Courtyard, too. As long as I was loved like Meg by the Others, though. I wouldn't like to be one of the Elders' snacks! Banff, Canada and Alaska are two places I'd love to visit as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Exactly! We need to get in good with Meg so we don't become "special meat." lol

      Delete
  12. I just went and added Between Hello and Goodbye to my tbr because of where it takes place haha! That's where my husband and I went on our honeymoon and it was AMAZING! When my youngest is a little bit older, in a couple of years, I want us all to go back. It's one of my favorite places ever, it was beyond breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen - A Hawaiian honeymoon sounds pretty perfect! I bet Between Hello and Goodbye would bring back some good memories. :)

      Delete
  13. Yay for Salvation Island! And now I want to read Kiss and Don't Tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these places sound great, even the fictional ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni - Now if only I could really go to all these places. :)

      Delete