Best Reads of 2022: Days 14 - 21 #BestReadsOf2022

 


I'm continuing to play catch-up with the #BestReadsOf2022 posts. I'm skipping some of the prompts since they don't apply to what I read this year, so that actually makes it a little easier. :) Here are days 14 thru 21, which finishes off the list. 

BEST WRITING 


Kennedy Ryan never disappoints. She is such a gifted storyteller, and her writing is beautiful and powerful. Before I Let Go was stunningly good and packed an emotional punch.

BEST LOL


While Husband Material was at times a bit heavier than Boyfriend Material, it was still chock full of the type of humor I love - dry, witty, clever - and plenty of laugh out loud moments.


BEST SURPRISE


To say that When In Rome is not my usual kind of read is an understatement. I don't do "cute" or "sweet" and I tend to give rom-coms a wide berth. But I guess I was in some kind of mood because I decided to give it a try. And what a surprise it was... in the best kind of way. Yes it was sweet, yes it was cute, but I was charmed.

MOST IMPRESSIVE / WOWED ME

   
   
   

Carrie Soto Is Back - Because TJR is a master storyteller and made me pull for Carrie even when I didn't always like her.
Reason to Believe - Because Rebecca Yarros created characters that I genuinely liked and their situations touched my heart.
Kulti - Because I spent half the book thinking Kulti was a jerk, only to have Zapata make me love the taciturn soccer star.
Most of All You - Because Mia Sheridan spun her magic (yet again) and provided tears and heartache and hope in the most perfect way.
Reminders of Him - Because I was completely invested in this story of forgiveness and second chances.
Once We Were Starlight - Because I loved the dreamy, atmospheric quality Sheridan created (even though what was happening was horrific) and the journey to overcome.
The Family Remains - Because unraveling the remaining secrets around past events keep me riveted.
It Ain't Me, Babe - Because I'd read only one book by Cole (and truly disliked it), but Styx and Mae's story pulled me in and I couldn't get enough.
Before I Let Go - Because this story of grief, loss, friendship, family, and second chances was powerful and moving.
Credence - Because I was captivated by the situation and was glued to the pages, desperate to know how it would all unfold.
It Starts With Us - Because Colleen Hoover delivered the "more" that I'd been wanting.
The Wall of Winnipeg - Because I finally experienced the slow-burn deliciousness of Mariana Zapata... and loved it.


HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS?



26 comments

  1. You crack me up - you don't do sweet. Well, those are my favorites, and I did enjoy When In Rome. Glad you did too

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many great books here! I am so happy you were charmed by Adams' book. I have been charmed by all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to get to Carrie Soto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I see that a lot of books wowed you!!! And I still need to read Kennedy Ryan's book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read When In Rome and absolutely loved it. It's just so cute and so fun. It made my favorites list this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only read two of these. I did enjoy Before I Let Go and Carrie Soto. I really need to read more of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but many of them are on my TBR. :D I'm glad you had so many wins this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think out of all the books to see on there, is Credence. It definitely encourages me to try it and soon. I love that you are doing some of the prompts from Sophie. Yeah some of them don't apply to just romance readers. I know many love Kennedy Ryan's writing, so I am happy that one was such a win for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post! When in Rome is one I wish I'd gotten to last year. I am also in the middle of listening to It Starts With Us, but had to put it on hold when I signed up for some review audiobooks. I finally read some Kennedy Ryan last year and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - I hope you find time for When In Rome. It was such a surprise hit for me.

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed TJR's and CoHo's latest too. When In Rome is in my TBR, so glad to see you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy - I hope you'll enjoy When In Rome as much as I did! :)

      Delete
  11. What an interesting, but difficult (for me), way to think about your best reads of the year. I'm not sure I could categorize mine so well. I'm going to add a couple from your "wowed" list to my TBR - your short reason helped me decide.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie. I hope you enjoy whichever ones you added to your TBR!

      Delete
  12. I'm reading TJR's Evelyn Hugo now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - That's awesome! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

      Delete
  13. The Wall of Winnipeg is a favourite but I still cannot believe I haven't read Kulti!!! It's been on my kindle for years but I just haven't read it. Maybe 2023 will be the year!! :)
    PS - Have you read From Lukov With Love yet? It's my absolute fav Zapata... If I'd been a better book friend I'd know this answer but I've sucked at keeping up with everything this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicci - You have to read Kulti! After I read The Wall of Winnipeg I was convinced nothing could beat it, but Kulti is so, so good. I don't think I can pick a favorite. I haven't read From Lukov With Love yet but that will likely happen soon! :)

      Delete
  14. Impressive list of fav books. I've read the Family Remains and the first book in the two book series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to get a follow-up to The Family Upstairs.

      Delete
  15. I want to read When in Rome after hearing good things. I'm waiting for my library audio. I loved Kulti and The Wall of Winnipeg and Me sooo much so I'm thrilled you loved them too, Tanya! I have a couple more of Zapata's in my Audible library I just need to make time to listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I hope your library gets When In Rome soon. I really enjoyed the audio of that one. I still have plenty by Zapata to look forward to. :)

      Delete
  16. Lots of great books on here and a few that I still need to get to. I really need to finish working my way through Zapata's and Sheridan's backlists. I have loved everything I've read by them so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - I still have plenty to read from Sheridan and Zapata, too!

      Delete
  17. Lots of great reads here. Carrie Soto made my best of list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - Carrie Soto was a shoo-in when it came to picking favorites. :)

      Delete