March Wrap-Up


WHAT HAPPENED IN MARCH
  • I was featured at Deanna Reads Books in her brand new Meet The Blogger feature. Thanks for having me, Deanna! 
  • I went to a hockey game. The home team lost but still... hockey.
  • The whole family gathered to celebrate my mom's birthday. She makes 74 look good. :)
  • I started a six week beginners yoga course and learned that I have no flexibility.
  • My mom had out-patient surgery and stayed with us overnight. She had the honor of being our first overnight guest since moving into the new house. There was no prize involved.
WHAT I READ IN MARCH


I read/listened to ten books in March which is up from the seven I read in February. Go me! I had two 5-star reads in March and that never happens. I save my 5-star ratings for those very special books that make a true and lasting impact on me. I hand those out like gold and typically have a couple each year. They're like rainbow-colored princess unicorns with sprinkles on top - so having two in one month was kind of blowing my mind. No big surprise that one of those was from Taylor Jenkins Reid. The woman is like my writing spirit animal.

Josh & Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren | 4.5/5 stars
Built* (Saints of Denver #1) by Jay Crownover | 3.5/5 stars
A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas | 4/5 stars
Gentleman Sinner by Jodi Ellen Malpas | 3/5 stars
Charged* (Saints of Denver #2) by Jay Crownover | 3.5/5 stars
Riveted* (Saints of Denver #3) by Jay Crownover | 3.5/5 stars
* denotes audiobook

FORMATS
5 physical books
1 e-book
4 audio books
2 ARCs

TOP OF THE HEAP
Daisy Jones & The Six, The Girl He Used to Know

THE BOTTOM OF THE HEAP
Gentleman Sinner
Not bad but just... meh.

THE ONE THAT MADE ME RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY
Josh & Hazel's Guide To Not Dating

THE ONE THAT KEPT ME GUESSING
Watching You


WHAT HAPPENED ON THE BLOG
I had 24 blog posts in March (up from 18 in February) which I'm totally happy with. And my goal to step up my review game? Success. I posted six book reviews in March (just 4 in February). So I'm feeling pretty good about March... now if I can just keep it up in April. :)

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING
      
I'm 120 pages into My Favorite Half-Night Stand. I'm not connecting to the characters quite as quickly and easily as I have in other CLo books, but hopefully that will change as I get further into the story. I downloaded the audio version of Flesh by Kylie Scott on a whim yesterday. It's some kind of post-apocalyptic zombie tale that was originally released in 2012. I've barely started it so no real opinion yet. (Side note: This was the ever-so-slightly better cover out of the two options. The other was basically just a shot of a guy's hand on a girl's jeans-covered ass. Quite the toss-up, no? Abs or a hand on a butt. Oh, the dilemma. LOL)


WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE READ IN MARCH?

29 comments

  1. Wow, well done! I stuggle to write that many blog posts and reviews. Seem to always be behind. I love yoga. You don't need to be flexible just modify the posts you can't do. I watch Yoga With Adrienne on youtube, she is my favourite yoga teacher. I don't think there's any classes by me and I can never get time off work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not my norm but I guess it just worked out that I had more time to devote to posting in March. Thanks for mentioning Adrienne on YouTube! I'm definitely going to check out her videos.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a really good reading month!! Loved Daisy Jones and The Girl He Used to Know too. Half Night Stand is not my favorite CLo book but still ok. Have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here here Half-Night Stand, Grace. Enjoyable but not my favorite by CLo.

      Delete
  3. You had a really good month! I really hope to read Daisy Jones & the Six this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I’m hopeless at yoga. I’m not flexible at all. I’m glad you read a few excellent books. Happy April.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. March sounded like a brilliant read month Tanya, Daisy Jones is one of my anticipated reads as well and so glad you enjoyed it! Hope your mum is on the mend Tanya. Have a wonderful month of reading, hope you find a few gems in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I hope you'll love Daisy Jones when you get to it!

      Delete
  6. My March sucked as far as reading because of the move but I'm getting back on track. Already finished one novel, a novella, reading another now and listening to Becoming by Michelle Obama on audio.

    I'm also getting back to working out and yoga - it is not going well lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like April's reading is already leaps and bounds better than March. I can't wait to get to Becoming. I plan on listening on audio, too.

      Delete
  7. Wow, you had a great March. I hope your mom is recovering from her surgery nicely and that she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. March was an awesome reading month for you! Mine kinda sucked but I'm hopeful for April!

    Happy Birthday for you mum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicci :) I sure April sees your reading slump biting the dust!

      Delete
  9. I am glad you enjoyed Josh & Hazel, but sad you are not getting into Half-Night. I don't know, I loved that crazy group of friends. I had no five star reads last month, but I had nine 4.5 star reads, which I think is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nine 4.5 star reads is totally awesome! I swear I didn't mean to give the impression I wasn't liking Half-Night. LOL I did enjoy it. It's just that I didn't *love* it and it wasn't my favorite by CLo. The friend group was excellent!

      Delete
  10. I'm impressed that you even tried yoga! I would be way too intimidated. I think my favorite read in March was a re-read - Lady Luck from Kristen Ashley. But re-reads seem to be the only thing working for me lately. I'm trying to break out of that.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was a *little* intimidated. LOL But it helped that that my husband, my mom, and I were all going together. And there are only six of us in the beginners class so we make up half the class! :) That definitely helps alleviate the intimidation factor. I've yet to try anything by Kristen Ashley. I've read snippets in reviews and excerpts and I'm just not sure her writing style is for me.

      Delete
  11. Family gathering for your mom's birthday sounds good. And two 5 star reads? That's impressive it's always good to find such winners. I still really want to read both of your 5 star reads so I may move those up the shopping pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... two 5 star reads so close together had me rejoicing! :) I hope you'll love both Daisy Jones and The Girl He Used to Know when you get to them!

      Delete
  12. Glad your mom's surgery went well and she got the prize of staying with you. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad your mom is doing well - and happy belated birthday to her! Yay for a good reading/reviewing/blogging month. That's awesome. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a successful March on all fronts, IMO. :) Keep up the good work, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't do so great in March or April for that matter but I hope to in August where this is the biggest break I will have with my semesters. I hope!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s hard when there’s no time for reading... but sometimes other priorities come first.

      Delete