WWW Wednesday #122 | January 11, 2023

 

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words.
Just share your answers to three questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

    

Kindle: Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7) - Nalini Singh
Audio: Part of Your World - Abby Jimenez

Currently reading: I was wary of this one after skimming a few Goodreads reviews 
and seeing that several reviewers didn't care for this entry in the series. Or rather, they 
didn't care for the male lead. I had no need to worry because I am thoroughly enjoying 
Dev and Katya's story. I do miss the DarkRiver pack, though, as they've appeared only 
briefly in this one.
Current progress: 70%

Currently listening: This is one that I had no intention of reading until one particular 
review swayed me. I am enjoying it (Daniel is the sweetest guy ever) but I feel like 
Alexis is going to end up hurting Daniel before it's over and I'll have a hard time forgiving
that. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.
Current progress: 55%

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

    

Kindle: Visions of You (Lost & Found #0.5) by Catherine Cowles - ★★★★
Audio: Wait For It by Mariana Zapata - ★★★★.25

Recently read: This prequel novella has me more than ready for the release of the first 
book at the end of the month.

Recently listened to: Wait For It felt different than others I have read by Zapata 
since there was a lack of any real conflict. As always, the slower pace allowed me 
to feel like I knew these characters inside and out and I loved their journey.


WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?

    

Not totally sure what I'll pick up next, but Give Me Love and Drake are 
strong contenders.


WHAT ARE YOU READING TODAY?

26 comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed Wait for It. It's one I loved, too. I hope you end up liking the Jimenez book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - Wait For It was different but still so good. Jury is still out on Part of Your World... I admit I am frustrated with Alexis but I'm hanging in there.

      Delete
  2. I adored that Jimenez book. It was the lightest of her books though she always works something weighty in there. I feel in love with that town and Daniel. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - The town in Part of Your World is just priceless. And Daniel is just the best book boyfriend! What a sweetheart he is!

      Delete
  3. The Catherine Cowles and the Corinne Michaels book are definitely on my TBR. I'm so excited to start reading them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen - I pretty much inhale everything from Corinne Michaels. Love her! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice that you're enjoying Blaze of Memory! I haven't read Wait for It yet, but I'd like to. I have like three Zapata's ready to go (audios) I just need to make time for them. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Part of Your World. I've been on the fence about it because I was worried the heroine would be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I haven't finished Part of Your World yet so I'll hold off and tell you what I think when I do finish. But I will say that last night I was actually considering DNFing (at over 60%!) because of the heroine. I was ranting on my Goodreads updates like crazy. LOL I decided to hang in there and I'm hoping she comes through and doesn't disappoint me.

      Delete
  5. I remember really loving Blaze of Memory but I can see why some readers would have issues! Love seeing you read more into this series, I just love the dynamics Singh implemented.

    I can't wait for this new series by Cowles, glad that novella was such a keeper for you!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - I finished Blaze of Memory last night and that ending! I actually got teary when it felt like things weren't going to go well. Definitely one of my favorites in the series so far.

      Delete
  6. I loved Part of Your World. Such a great story. I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently finished Part of Your World and I really loved it! Yes, there are hard times, but the ending is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela - I'm still hoping I'm wrong about Alexis because otherwise I'm totally enjoying Part of Your World.

      Delete
  8. I see a lot of authors I haven't tried yet. I'll look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had Part of Your World on my shelf for such a long time! I do need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh! So many books and series here that I need to get caught up on. Glad you're enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just had to go back and check my thoughts on Blaze of Memory as it's one of the books in the series which hasn't stuck in my mind which told me I probably didn't love it and I was right. I didn't really hate it, I just felt very meh about it. i think I was more excited about other couples and I liked how it expanded the universe with the Forgotten but I wouldn't necessarily be motivated to reread based on that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky - I don't usually read reviews before I read a book so it was odd that I read any before picking up Blaze of Memory. The comments about Dev made me nervous but I'm so glad I didn't feel similarly. I really got connected to his and Katya's story!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Sophie - This was my first by Jimenez and I'm sure there will be more!

      Delete
  13. What a nice way to wrap up your first 5-day work week :)

    ReplyDelete