The Sunday Post #326 | February 26, 2023

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

While the rest of the country seems to be experiencing crazy winter storms, my area is setting record highs for February. It was well over 80° almost every day this week. Ugh! What happened to my winter? What happened to sweater weather and warm drinks on cold days? I was robbed, I tell you, robbed. *feels only mildly guilty for complaining about 87° weather while others are getting snow*

I received an email this week that my air fryer has been recalled. I completed the recall registration yesterday so hopefully I'll receive the replacement before too long. I had to provide photos showing that I had cut the power cord so it's not like I could (or would) use it in the interim.

We have tickets to a Tampa Lightning (hockey) game week after next, so I spent way too much time on the Fanatics site last night deciding on what Lightning merch to buy. One t-shirt and one long sleeve shirt for me and a polo shirt for The Husband later... and we're ready to cheer on the Lightning. :)

This week's 80's music fix is Orinoco Flow (1988) by Enya. Enjoy!


ON THE BLOG

Tuesday, February 21

Friday, February 24

WHAT I READ


Audio: Whispers of You (Lost & Found #1) by Catherine Cowles - 4.25★

Audio: Evermore (Salvation #5.5) by Corinne Michaels - 3.5★

Kindle: The Sinner (Angels & Demons #1) by Emma Scott - 4★


CURRENTLY READING


Audio: Indefinite (Salvation #6) by Corinne Michaels


NEW ADDITIONS


Not a thing.

TOTALLY RANDOM



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

24 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, hard to believe you're having summer weather right now! Glad you're having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy - I mean, I know it's Florida but 87 in February is extreme even for here.

      Delete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I had my window open last week. The weather was a bit colder this morning (25), but it's supposed to get to almost 50, and you know what? I am not sad. Wow! I never had an appliance recalled. I had no idea you had to destroy it. Whoa. How fun to have the game to look forward to. I hope you have an amazing time and that they win while you are there. Enya. That was the new age jam back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - From open windows last week to 25 this morning. That's a switch. I've never had anything recalled, either. I had to provide quite a bit of info, but it wasn't too bad. Hopefully I'll get the replacement soon.

      Delete
  3. Our weather doesn't know what it wants - in the 20s yesterday and will be about 50 today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song by Enya! And talking about weather, we have mild weather here! Unusual for February. Also I expect pictures with you an dyour husband in full gear ready to cheer for the Lightnings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - I'm sure I'll share a pic when we are at the arena cheering on the team! :)

      Delete
  5. We're getting your cold and snow! But, I'd rather have a snowy winter than a warm one. When we have warm winters it means fires in the spring and summer. I got the same recall notice for the air fryer, but we gave it to our son who gave it to his girlfriend who gave it to someone else... I hope it's not burning up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - I agree! It's winter and it's supposed to be cold. This warm/hot weather is making my grouchy. LOL That air fryer has made the rounds!

      Delete
  6. I was just complaining about not getting a winter. I live in SW Ohio-I expect snow. We were in the 70's last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha - 70's in O in February has got to be unusual! I mean, I know this is FL, but still... 87 in February is crazy.

      Delete
  7. You lucky duck in all the warm weather haha We get the longest winters. Love that you enjoyed that Catherine Cowles, wasn't the suspense so good? I really like those Corinne Michael covers, they are so romantically elegant. I hope you have a fabulous reading week darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - I love winter (what I get of it) but I can't imagine the long and hard winters you must get. I love these Corinne Michaels covers, too! So pretty and the dog tags are the perfect addition.

      Delete
  8. We have had early spring like weather, but no 80s. But we haven't had the really cold weather we need to kill off most of the bugs so if we don't get it soon I know this summer will be no fun. You've got some great books to read! Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's warm. It's 37 here :) If I could just have something in the middle of those two extremes! And yay for Enya! I never listened to her in the 80's but discovered her in the 90's. She's related to the people in the band Clannad who I LOVED in the early 90'd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes we had the warm last week and it will be upper 70s this week. We didn't have any snow this year but got one weekend (Christmas) that was almost down to 0F. I think March now is usually my favorite weather with 60-70 usually.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I love this meme at the end of this post! The weather has been crazy! It is too early for 87 degrees, even in Florida. That is so weird that they made you cut the cord on your air fryer. Knowing me, I would have probably kept using it. I am stubborn like that. Have fun at the hockey game and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder why there was the aurfryer recall? Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get your replacement as that'll be frustrating until it arrives. Oh my god Enya! That song used to be on a sleep playlist of someone I used to know and it will forever make me feel sleepy listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, it's snow, snow and more snow here! Hope you enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's too soon for temps to be that high! And that Muppet Show/Zoom quote totally made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so nice out then the rain came and made it so cold.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy the hockey game!! It's been way too long since I've gotten to enjoy a hockey game in person. We're experiencing those miserable highs here in Louisiana, too. I'll happily trade with someone that's getting all the snow. I feel robbed, too! February is supposed to be our coldest month, and it's summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't even remember what 80 feels like LOL! Although it's been an epic winter for snowboarding since the ski resort that's 15 minutes from our house should hit 500 inches of snow this weekend. Awww I hope you have the most amazing time at that hockey game!

    ReplyDelete