Top Ten Tuesday: Let's Be Friends (Book Characters I Want As My BFF)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic: 
Book Characters I Want As My BFF

There's not a lot to say about the topic this week so I'm just going to dive right in. Here are my picks for the characters I just know could be my best friends.


LILY | ADDICTED/CALLOWAY SISTERS SERIES
Krista & Becca Ritchie
I've always felt such an affinity with Lily. Rose could be fierce and intimidating. Daisy was a daredevil. But Lily... she was sweet, a little shy, she loved fiercely, a little nerdy (in the best way possible), and, even with her amazing growth as a character, she depended heavily on Loren. I could so be best friends with this sweetheart.



MOLLY | THE UPSIDE OF UNREQUITED
Becky Albertalli
When I read The Upside of Unrequited I felt as if Becky somehow got a peak inside my memories and was writing about seventeen year old me. I related so much to Molly and for that alone I would want to be friends.






MONTY | THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE
Mackenzi Lee
Monty managed to be completely self-absorbed and yet still totally lovable. He was witty and sarcastic and with him as a BFF there would never be a dull moment.








MEREDITH | AWAKENING AUTUMN
Lora Richardson
You know that one special friend you had when you were younger? The one who totally accepted you without judgment, was loyal and trustworthy, and you were so close you felt more like family than friends? That would be Meredith. I loved this girl for so many reasons and would love to call her my best friend.




HAZEL | JOSH & HAZEL'S GUIDE TO NOT DATING
Christina Lauren
Hazel is an absolute ray of sunshine and I would love to have her as a friend. She's quirky and fun and I love to be around people who tend to be as positive and upbeat as I am.






CORA, SHAW, SAINT, ROYAL & AYDEN | THE MARKED MEN SERIES
Jay Crownover
I want to be friends with these women! They were such a tight-knit group and were there for one another through good times and bad. These were the friends who could call each other any time and they would drop everything to be there for one another. (If you're a Marked Men fan you'll notice that Salem isn't listed. That's because I never liked her and I've kicked her out of the squad. LOL)


WARREN | MAYBE SOMEDAY and MAYBE NOW
Colleen Hoover
This guy... he's a hot mess but I love him. He proved himself to be such a good friend to Sydney - even though he'd been friends with Ridge for much longer. He was brutally honest when he needed to be, but also stood by her when things went bad (without any I told you so's). He's the jokester in the crowd but he's also a fantastic friend with a good heart.


KATY & DEE | THE LUX SERIES
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Katy and Dee are such down to earth girls. Well, one is an alien and one is a hybrid... but they're still down to earth. Katy is a book blogger who gets totally excited over book mail and new releases and who can't relate to that. She and Dee have been through A LOT but they're great friends and I want to be a part of their friend group.




TINK | THE WICKED SERIES
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Okay, so Tink isn't even human, but I'm not holding that against him. He's sassy and overly dramatic and has a serious addition to Amazon Prime, but he's also loyal beyond measure and simply hilarious. I so want Tink as my BFF.






THE INNER CIRCLE | THE ACOTAR SERIES
Sarah J. Maas
This is the ultimate friend group. They are total squad goals. Rhysand, Feyre, Morrigan, Cassian, Azriel, Amren... this tight-knit group is fiercely loyal and have seen each other through war, death, betrayals, separations, heartbreak, and more. There is a familiarity among them that comes from many years of togetherness and they are more family than friends. And even though Amren would terrify me... I still want to be friends with this amazing group.



WOULD ANY OF THESE MAKE IT AS YOUR BFF?

38 comments

  1. I'm so glad you chose ACOMAF for this Tag! Indeed, a great friend group. You can just feel the love in the scenes that include them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They were almost more like family than friends and I loved that. :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! Molly is such a good choice; I really related to her, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so many moments reading about Molly that just stopped me in my tracks. It was like, OMG, this was me *mumble mumble* years ago!

      Delete
  3. The Inner Circle sounds like a great friend group to have to me!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! I honestly would love to be friends with all of these characters, I saw Lily on someone elses list too!

    Great list!

    Amber ♡ The Book Bratz
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see Lily on one or two other lists! It's awesome to see the Addicted series getting some love. :)

      Delete
  5. Hazel is definitely one that would like as a friend. She was pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely agree with your choices of Monty and the characters from ACOTAR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSS, The Inner Circle! Yes, yes, yes Lily Calloway. ANNNNDD MORE YES--Hazel! All of these are great picks. I agree with everything you said about Lily. I can't help but to think she'd be the best and most loyal friend out of the entire Addicted/Calloway Sisters crew (not that the others aren't fiercely loyal, there's just something about Lily) and ugh, she truly is the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree about Lily... she loves fiercely and isn't shy about it. Plus she gives the best hugs. :)

      Delete
  8. Um... YES to all of these! I especially loved seeing the Addicted gang on here. I want to be friends with them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like if I went to Philadelphia I could find all of the Addicted gang and we would totally be friends. :)

      Delete
  9. I'd love to have Monty (and Percy too!) as a friend - I love their dynamic together, and they're awesome as individuals too. Molly, Katy and Dee would be amazing friends as well, and Tink is one of the most entertaining characters I've ever read about- who wouldn't want him around? Great list! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tink is the best! And now I'm reminded that I really need to read the third book in that trilogy! :)

      Delete
  10. Hazel is popping up a LOT today, and I am really happy about that, because she was all sorts of fabulous, and I love that she just let her freak flag fly. If I had included adult books, she would have been on my list. Again, if I went beyond YA, the inner circle would have made the cut. Feyre was lucky to have been blessed with such an amazing group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but I was surprised (pleasantly) to see Hazel mentioned so often. I love that! Feyre definitely lucked out in the friend group department. They were the best!

      Delete
  11. Hazel and Monty both made my list this week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With those two as friends you'd always have someone to make you laugh and go on an adventure.

      Delete
  12. Monty sounds like he'd be fun, and I heard good things about The Gentleman's Guide. The Inner Circle sound pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monty was so irreverent. I loved that about him. He would definitely cause some havoc. :)

      Delete
  13. Hazel made my list too! And I went with Percy over Monty. I can't believe I totally forgot about Warren!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel would be such a fun friend! I also liked The Marked Men ladies! Lots of the Kristen Ashley ladies were awesome. She always did great writing wonderful female friendships. Great post, Tanya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read anything by Kristen Ashley! I have total FOMO but at the same time the snippets I've seen of her writing makes me wonder if her style is for me. One of these days I just need to try one of her books and find out for myself.

      Delete
  15. LILY!! She's guaranteed to be a great bff 💓 Lo, Rose and Daisy can vouch on that haha (even Connor and Ryke)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily is such a sweetheart! She would be a fiercely loyal friend. Plus you'd get to hang out with the whole gang. :)

      Delete
  16. Yess! Lily Calloway! We share book besties hehe. Although I love the entirety of the sisters Lily always had a special place in my heart. I also agree that Warren would make such a great friend! I haven't read the other books so looks like I have some checking out to do. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Someone else who gets how lovable Lily Calloway is! :) I agree, all the sisters are special, but Lily has always been my favorite. She's so sweet!

      Delete
  17. I just finished Josh and Hazel yesterday and yes so want to be her friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel was so great! She would be a wonderful friend to have. :)

      Delete
  18. I debated adding the men of the Marked Men to my BFF list! lol. I love them.
    It's been ages since I read the Lux series but I agree that Katy and Dee would be good ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went with the Marked Men ladies but there are a couple guys I wouldn't mind being friends with. Like Rowdy. I would say Nash but I fear I would be crushing on him too hard to be friends. LOL

      Delete
  19. Oooh! Molly and Warren---I'd definitely want them in my corner!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warren would be a riot... plus always have your back. :)

      Delete