WWW Wednesday #58 | August 14, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


According to the local news, this is the last day of a twelve day heatwave. For once, let the weather forecasters be right! LOL The heat index will be between 105-115 today. Can we just close Florida until this is over? Or air condition the whole state? Who do I need to talk to about that?

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
  
    
Just For Now (Sea Breeze #4) - Abbi Glines
The Reckless Oath We Made - Bryn Greenwood
When You Were Mine - Lisa Swift 
I finished While It Lasts last night so I need to choose a new book this morning. And I'm torn between three. I'm wavering between 1) continuing my Sea Breeze series binge with Just For Now, 2) picking up my last August arc, The Reckless Oath We Made, or 3) or diving into my pre-order of When You Were Mine since it magically appeared on Kindle overnight (pre-ordered seconds after I saw Nicci's amazing review!). What to do, what to do...


via GIPHY

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
My Sea Breeze binge had me completing books two and three in the last week. I enjoyed both of these more than Breathe (the first book in the series). The female leads weren't as saccharine sweet and the guys weren't quite as alpha-caveman (but the tendencies were still strong). These will never be considered examples of good writing (LOL) but they're fun and and juicy and totally hitting the spot right now.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
   
What I read next depends on what I choose to read today. Because the two runners-up will be what I read next. So, really, the answer is the same as above... either Just For Now, The Reckless Oath We Made, or When You Were Mine. 

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

32 comments

  1. The cover for When You Were Mine is so cozy and warm! I love it! I'm glad your Abby Glines binge is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am positively wallowing in all the Abbi Glines trashy goodness. LOL

      Delete
  2. I am really over the heatwave we are having here where we live in Florida too. It is soo hot! You have some great books coming up to read. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're FINALLY getting a break from the heat with temps in the 80's. I hope you are, too!

      Delete
  3. It's tough when multiple books are calling your name! I hope they are all good reads though. And yes, let's air condition out Florida for you - that is too hot!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicci had me wanting to get When You Were Mine too. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Texas is going to remain burning hot forever. LOL.

    I'm currently reading The Body in Griffith Park by Jennifer Kincheloe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I read a historical mystery. I hope you're enjoying it!

      Delete
  6. I am reading the latest Mariana Zapata!!! And I asked for The Reckless Oath but ...no. That's not a problem as I pre ordered it . Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo-hoo on not getting approved for The Reckless Oath! Don't they know who you are? :) At least it comes out next week!

      Delete
  7. I just finished Angefall and Cruel Candy - no idea what I'll read next.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed Angelfall. My husband actually read the trilogy several years ago but I never have.

      Delete
  8. This heatwave is killing me! I'm ready for t to end as well! The Sea Breeze Series was fun to binge on. I haven't read the other two books. I hope whichever book you choose to read next, you end up enjoying it :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy! I'm having fun with the Sea Breeze books. They're kind of ridiculous but still so entertaining. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, I really hope it cools down for you. Those temps just sound miserable. I hope you enjoy your upcoming reads. I've had my eye on The Reckless Oath We Made so I'll be looking forward to your review for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about The Reckless Oath. I absolutely loved Greenwood's All the Ugly and Wonderful Things a couple years ago.

      Delete
  10. I hope you love When You Were Mine! I always get nervous when people read something I've recommended, lol. It's insane but true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have super high hopes, Nicci. And I will totally hold you accountable. LOL

      Delete
  11. I HAVE NEWS!!! Guess who bought a couple of the Sea Breeze books, like, five seconds ago? THIS GIRL. You did this. Your impact! (I'm excited if that wasn't obvious. I think I'm going to stockpile a few more of her books and just do a complete binge in the Autumn or something?)

    I'm ready for some dishy, juicy, fun times. Just what the doctor ordered. (Or was that the librarian? I can't remember. They're so easy to confuse.)

    Side note, When You Were Mine looks SO good. I'm obsessed with that cover. I'm going to have to go read Nicci's review and then probably buy it knowing me but that's neither here nor there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Now you can read the Sea Breeze and experience the trashy goodness, too! I am drunk with the power I possess!

      Delete
  12. Ugh that's too hot for me. :)

    The Reckless Oath We Made- that's an interesting title! When You Were Mine also looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's basically too hot for humans in general. LOL

      Delete
  13. It cooled down a little today, which makes it in the mid 90s, better than 107 like it was Wednesday & Thursday, but it will heat back up again. Not looking forward to that. When You Were Mine sounds like a good choice, especially if Nicci praised it.

    I'm currently reading two books: This Poison Will Remain, a mystery, and an audio book: Wolf Trouble which is a lot of fun. Stay cool, Tanya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, a balmy 95 degrees. So much better than 100+. LOL Isn't it crazy that we get excited when it drops into the lower 90's? *rolling my eyes* Wolf Trouble looks like fun. Did you read the first book in the series?

      Delete
  14. Hopefully the heatwave did end for you. And so much Abbi Glines here! I always intended to go through and read the Sea Breeze books and never quite got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Becky. I read the whole Rosemary Beach series years ago and meant to move on to Sea Breeze but it just never happened. Better late than never! :)

      Delete
  15. I'm reading the Hating Game. Stay cool. Have a blessed day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever seen raves for The Hating Game. I hope you're loving it!

      Delete
  16. I want to read The Reckless Oath We Made. I hope it's good and that you love it!

    ReplyDelete