WWW Wednesday #60 | August 28, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


Keeping a close eye on Tropical Storm Dorian this week.
Current projections show it hitting the eastern coast of Florida (where I live) on Monday as a Category 2 hurricane. Plenty of time to prepare and make plans... and hope the storm veers back off into the Atlantic and away from land.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

The Flatshare - Beth O'Leary
It took me a few days to get into this one (I think I was experiencing a book hangover after finishing The Reckless Oath We Made), but now I'm about 100 pages in and really enjoying it. I'm wondering when Tiffy and Leon will actually meet face to face and suspect it will be at the very end .

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
I shared my review for The Reckless Oath We Made yesterday and - spoiler alert - it was a 5-star read. If you've been around here any length of time you know that I dole out 5-star ratings so sparingly that they might as well be made of gold and platinum. I love Greenwood's ability to create these characters that are so unique, so flawed, and so human. I adored Gentry and he is now one of my favorite fictional characters ever.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
     
I'm still considering both of these for my next read. I've taken a two book break from the Sea Breeze series so I might feel ready to jump back into that series when I finish The Flatshare.

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

20 comments

  1. I hope the hurricane moves away from land - but definitely stay safe!! I'm glad you're enjoying The Flatshare. That's one I hope to read soon.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is preparing for the worst... but hopeful the storm will swerve. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. I had The Flatshare from the library but returned it before starting. Really hyped books have been letting me down and I think I need to read it when I'm further away from the hype and expectations lol

    I'm listening to the Music of What Happens and reading an arc of American Love Story. Both are great so far.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about super hyped books. Often I wait months and months until I feel like picking it up. I'm enjoying The Flatshare, though.

      The Music of What Happens sounds like a good one. I like the sound of Max and Jordan.

      Delete
  3. Hope the storm misses you guys!!! Be safe.

    The Flatshare looks cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently read The Harp of Kings by Juliet Marillier and The Way You Love me by Miranda Liasson. I'm enjoying them both.

    I can't wait until I can fit The Flatshare in!

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Way You Love Me looks like such a light, fun romance. :)
      I hope you're able to pick up The Flatshare soon!

      Delete
  6. I just got The Reckless Oath We Made from the library. I'm even more excited now to read it since you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope the hurricane veers off like it did for us!!! Will be praying!!! Let me know if anything happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really got lucky, Genesis! It stayed off the coast and other than some rain and strong winds we did just fine. So thankful!

      Delete
  8. I was such a fan of the way Leon and Tiffy's relationship grew via post it notes. I liked this book a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so wishing I had read The Flatshare at another time, Sam! I feel like, with the hangover after The Reckless Oath You Give, plus all the hurricane insanity, it all combined to just kill my reading experience. I mean, it's going on two weeks and I STILL haven't finished it! I like Tiffy and Leon but I'm thinking maybe it's just bad timing. :(

      Delete
  9. Tanya I really hope the hurricane will spare you! And scoop I gave 6 stars to The Reckless Oath (review due on Wednesday). Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! We were so, so lucky with the hurricane!

      Delete
  10. I've been seeing a lot about The Flatshare lately but I have no idea what it's about! Will need to look into it... Or I'll wait for your review. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am STILL reading The Flatshare, Nicci! Gah! I think it's just bad timing... and any other time I would have flew through it. I still recommend it, though!

      Delete