WWW Wednesday #59 | August 21, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


My morning started at the dentist office. 
It has to get better from there, right?

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

   
The Reckless Oath We Made - Bryn Greenwood

I haven't had much time reading this week (or I haven't made much time for reading) so I'm only 25% into The Reckless Oath We Made but I am seriously Loving It. It may seem premature, but I'm already predicting a 5-star rating. Greenwood's gift at creating utterly unique, fully-realized characters is breathtaking. And several times I have come across a sentence or phrase that captures a feeling so perfectly... I just sit there and stare at it. Zee and Gentry are giving me life.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
I had a love-hate relationship with the fourth book in the Sea Breeze series. Preston was a typical Abbi Glines guy: meaning he slept with anything on two legs and acted like a caveman with the one special snowflake who made his heart go pitter-patter. But he ran so hot and cold with Amanda that I wanted to do him bodily harm. But (there's always a but when I read Abbi Glines), this one was also surprisingly emotional. It took a darker turn near the end that I wasn't expecting and that triggered some events that actually got to me. So, yes Preston was another reformed man-whore (yawn), but Abbi still managed to reel me in with the emotion, So, go Abbi.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
     

I might jump back into the Sea Breeze series or I might move on to When You Were Mine. We'll see how I feel after I finish The Reckless Oath We Made. 

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

24 comments

  1. Oh no, I hope your day does get better. The dentist sounds dreadful. The Reckless Oat We Made sounds wonderful though. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dentist wasn't *that* bad and now I'm good until December so there's that.
      The Reckless Oath is off to a fantastic start! :)

      Delete
  2. I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous ....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... sorrynotsorry? *looks around sheepishly*
      Did your copy not get delivered yesterday... on release day? Or is a release day delivery not possible where you are? I am devastated for you!! :(

      Delete
  3. Anything after the dentist has to be better lol. And The Reckless Oath We Made certainly looks interesting- I've been seeing that one pop up on a few blogs now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You're right, anything is better than the dentist. :)

      Delete
  4. I just checked out the synopsis for Reckless, it sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Greenwood's All the Ugly and Wonderful Things and I've been so excited for this latest release. So glad it's living up to my expectations.

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear you're enjoying The Reckless Oath We Made. I've had my eye on that one but have been waiting for some reviews. Hope your day got better after the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a ways to go (I think it's around 450 pages) but so far I am totally hooked.

      Delete
  6. I'm reading a cozy mystery, American Love Story by Adriana Herrara for Netgalley and I just downloaded One Day to Fall by Therese Beharrie from the library so we'll see what sticks lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of Therese Beharrie before last week but I've seen several good reviews for One Day to Fall!

      Delete
  7. I am listening to The Reckless Oath We Made right now and am loving it as well. I am more than halfway through the book and may end up with 5 stars as well. I didn't really like her previous book that much so I am very happy to be liking this one so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Reckless Oath last night and I'll be giving it 5 stars. I kinda wanted more from Zee at the end. I mean, I know she felt awful about how things turned out but in some ways if felt like everyone else paid the price for her decisions - not her. I wished there had been more atonement. But even so... still a 5 star read. I hope it's the same for you!

      Delete
  8. Abbi Glines comments had me giggling again. :)
    I hope the dentist wasn't too bad! Unexpected visits to the dentist are never fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I tell it like I see with Abbi Glines. I probably sound Like I'm hating on her but I swear I'm not. I'm trash for those trashy books. :)

      Delete
  9. Abbi's books are definitely the cliche types in romance but I agree, there's still parts of the stories that just reel you in. I'm guilty right here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like, I can recognize the issues I have with them all while I'm gobbling them up. And I don't even care. LOL

      Delete
  10. I've never read Bryn Greenwood, but I need to check her out especially if you're predicting a 5 star read. Glad to hear you're still enjoying your Abi Glines binge, even with the hot and cold from the hero, lol. And, yes, with a start at the dentist, things have to get better! I hate going, but another necessary evil. Glad you got yours out of the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her previous book (All the Ugly and Wonderful Things) was plenty controversial - and I can understand that it's not for everyone - but I loved it. The Reckless Oath We Made was no exception. I finished it last night and it was a 5 star read. Yay! :)

      Delete
  11. Nothing like a day that starts at the dentist. Not a great start, haha! I hope the rest of your week treated you better, though. Ah, you've seriously (and I know I've said it before, probably) been getting me so hyped for when I finally get to my Abbi Glines binge. Every time you mention it I'm like, dang, I really need to start in on the Sea Breeze series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL All aboard the hype train! *insert train whistle* After reading a rather intense novel that dealt with serious themes (The Reckless Oath We Made) I'm ready to jump back into a few of the Sea Breeze books for some light and fun reading.

      Delete
  12. At the moment I'm reading The Harp of Kings by Juliet Marillier and absolutely in love. It's my first Juliet Marillier book and I regret not having picked up one of her titles sooner, they're beautiful! I hope you can find more time to yourself this week Tanya or lock yourself away and ignore everyone and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look up Mariller since I'd never heard of her. Historical fantasy is an interesting mix! Glad your're enjoying it, Kelly! :)

      Delete