Fall Book Tag

This tag was originally created by Bionic Bookworm.

Happy Fall, y'all!
I recently saw Tracy do this tag and since today is officially the first day of Fall it seemed appropriate. (Never mind that it's almost 90 degrees here today. I'll just think cool thoughts.)


  

This is hardly a new one, but I'm still impressed with Black's original take on vampires. I loved the unique spin on vampirism and the world building was so well done that I felt like I was watching a movie as I read the book.




I'm currently reading a book from the Lux spin-off series (The Burning Shadow) so I definitely have the Lux world on the brain. Because of that, when I thought of an ending that blew me away Opal immediately came to mind. The last pages were so dramatic and intense and I was just stunned.



Josh and Hazel were so perfect together and their story was filled with so much humor and fun. This one just made me happy. :)



I'll do you one better... not only does this cover have red, orange and yellow, but autumn is even in the title. Y'all know that I'm a big pusher fan of Lora Richardson and this latest release is such a good one.



There was always so much going on in this one. While I felt like its predecessor, The Cruel Prince, started a little slow, that sure wasn't the case with The Wicked King. This one moved at lightning speed with nonstop action and twists and turns.



Any new release from Colleen Hoover is reason for me to rejoice, but the early reviews I've been seeing for Regretting You have me extra excited!

______________________________________________________

Are you having actual Fall weather where you are? If so, color me jealous! I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you decide to do the tag I'd love to see your answers.



22 comments

  1. I need Fall weather!! Fun tag - I still need to read Josh and Hazel.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! I am so over this summer heat!
      And you definitely need to read Josh & Hazel! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm dying to re-read The Lux Series!!! I freaking adored it! Each book left me stunned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! :) I've reread the first 3 books at least once but I don't think I've ever reread books 4 and 5. I need to fix that!

      Delete
  3. Just seeing the Josh & Hazel cover makes my heart happy. I wish there were more books like that one. There are a lot of rom coms out there right now but most are missing the mark for me. J&H had the right balance of funny, swoony and sweet.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Karen. :) Josh & Hazel put such a smile on my face. That style of rom-com was totally my jam. In some the humor is just too silly or overdone for my taste.

      Delete
  4. We don't get much Fall weather here is Florida do we? It is in the upper 80's here at least today, so I will take it. Josh and Hazel were just amazing! And I am really excited for Hoover's new book coming out soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, upper 80's here today and back into the 90's tomorrow. Ugh!
      Josh & Hazel was so, so good. Those two just made me crazy happy. :)

      Delete
  5. It was almost 90 today here, too! Not a great start to fall, unfortunately. I haven't read Colleen Hoover, but I feel like I must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen Hoover is my alpha-omega author. It starts and ends with her. LOL

      Delete
  6. Josh & Hazel did leave me all happy and warm and fuzzy. Love & Other Words is still my favorite CLo book, but J&H are near the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find it impossible to choose one Christina Lauren favorite. I’m forever torn between Love & Other Words and Autoboyography.

      Delete
  7. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is one of my favorite vampire books. It's actually a good take on the paranormal genre and this was one of Holly Black's works that made me think of wanting to read more of her books. And this is why I want to get to read her The Folk of the Air series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even read all that many vampire books but The Coldest Girl in Coldtown just clicked with me. Loved that one. And if it hadn't been for it I probably never would have read The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King!

      Delete
  8. I'm due for a reread of Josh and Hazel. That book is the definition of warm fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read exactly none of these books. I do own several of them if I get any credit for that :) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is one that I need to make some time for soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally get credit for that. :)
      It's been several years since I read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown but I still remember it well. It made quite an impression on me. I hope you'll love it, too!

      Delete
  10. Josh & Hazel would be my choice for the comfy sweater category too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Josh and Hazel! Yes... Yes. One day, one day SOON, I'm going to read it. I am. I totally 100% am. I own it now. There's no excuses... Oh wait, I've owned it a while... Pfft.

    I'm definitely getting autumn weather. I got scared a week or so ago as it got all warm again but towards the end of last week and all through this one (so far) it's been chilly, rainy and perfectly autumnal. Jumpers, boots, jackets... Leaves going pretty colours. Leaves falling willy-nilly. It's good. (Feel free to hate me 😆)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicci! You realllly need to read Josh & Hazel! And The Cruel Prince. And The Wicked King. Do I need to make a list and start hounding you? LOL

      Now stop tormenting me with your fall weather. I refuse to listen. *flounces off in a huff*

      Delete