WWW Wednesday #61 | September 11, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

     

Top Secret - Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
I nabbed this as soon as it was released back in May. Another collab between Sarina and Elle? I'm there for it! I think I proceeded to read all the other books. Credit goes to Sam for me getting it in gear and finally picking this one up. (She very kindly expressed in a comment expressed her shock that I hadn't read it yet. LOL)

I heard about this one in one of Audible's podcasts and knew I wanted to read it. Andi is one of my favorite narrators and I was totally intrigued by her co-writing with Tara Sivec. So when Audible offered me a copy for review... it was fate! :) I just started listening to it last night and my first thought is that main character Heidi seems a little... prissy. She's a romance reader but the first time she hears a sex scene being narrated she is shocked. I mean, her reaction was just crazy. Maybe expected from a 13 year old (and a very naive one, at that), but from a grown adult? Wow. Anyway, the humor is on point and I can't wait to see where this one goes. 

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
Who would have though I'd become a fan of Cage? I remember ranting about him in the second book and calling him a delusional manwhore. (And I stand by that observation.) Well, he's come a long way. I really felt for him in this one. He was a victim of circumstance and both he and Eva suffered for it. This was a solid entry in the series. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
     

I'm not thrilled about getting Jess as a main character in Misbehaving but I am curious about Jason so there's that. And I just got the notification from Overdrive that my hold on Fix Her Up is in. I went back and forth on whether to request the ebook or the audio version and finally decided on the book. We'll see how it goes or if I end up switching.

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

30 comments

  1. Lobster shorts!! You will understand this reference soon if you read Top Secret lol That was a fun one.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I hope I get to that explanation soon! LOL It's mentioned on the back cover of the book - and people are always posting lobster pics on Sarina's FB group. I am intrigued!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to start reading those Abbi Glines books. I've been hearing some great stuff about them.
    I'm starting 'The Bilionaire Book Club' by Max Monroe tonight. It's my second Max Monroe book, and since I loved the first one I can't wait to dive into this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbi Glines writes such cheesy (and, uh... trashy LOL) book that are full of caveman, possessive guys and the virginal good girls they love. And yet I eat them up like candy. Ha! I roll my eyes while turning the pages as fast as I can. :)

      I've yet to read anything by Max Monroe. I hope The Billionaire Book Club is a big hit for you!

      Delete
  3. Oooh you have me intrigued about that audiobook Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love Glines. She is good at what she does. I enjoyed Fix Her Up. The heroine was so fabulous! I really cannot wait to read the next book in that series too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for Fix Her Up. I've seen so many good reviews. And I didn't realize it was going to be series. Even better! :)

      Delete
  5. I've not read Sarina Bowen or Elle Kennedy, I'll have to try one of their books out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy them writing separately but oh my goodness... when they collaborate it's like writing GOLD. LOL I just love their collabs and highly recommend them. :)

      Delete
  6. I've seen some good reviews for Fix Her Up so I hope it's a great read for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Suzanne. This will be my first from Tessa Bailey so I have high hopes.

      Delete
  7. I nabbed Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words too! It sounded funny and I'm glad it was!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fix Her Up is one I go back and forth about reading. I'm interested in hearing what you think. Love Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. Haven't checked into Top Secret yet. Nice that you got a copy of Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words. Sound like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure, either, Rachel. I've never read anything by Tessa Bailey but all the great reviews got me curious.

      Delete
  9. I'm SO curious about Fix Her Up!!! I keep hearing such great things about it (I've heard a few not-so-great things but for the most part it seems to be more positives than negatives and that's got me hyped!!!) and I'm so stoked to hear your thoughts on it. Also, ooh Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Jessica. I've seen a few meh reviews for Fix Her Up but mostly it's been nothing but raves.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness I devoured Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words in one evening on audio. I was up until 2:30 giggling into my pillow and making my hubby made because I kept waking him up. LOL

    I am listening to The Institute by Stephen King and still reading/listening to Dark Age by Pierce Brown. although I am at the last 100 pages and trying to savior it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both The Institute and Dark Age on library holds for my husband. Dark Age should be available in a few days but I'm about #60 for The Institute. Ha!

      Delete
  11. I'm curious about Fix Her up. I don't think I've read anything by Tessa Bailey before...

    I'm glad you're enjoying your Sea Breeze read through. I just can't even contemplate it. I had zero patience for that series. Rosemary Beach? I'm there but Sea Breeze just bugged me. I've still to read the cross over book with Rush's kid and Cage's kid falling in love because of the Sea Breeze connection, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read anything by Tessa Bailey but I feel like I take notice of her books often. So I'm excited to finally try something by her.

      I have so much love for The Rosemary Beach series. Oh my goodness, I fell in love with those characters! I don't feel the same way about Sea Breeze, but it's still fun.

      Delete
  12. Okay, your two current reads are both such good books! I love all things Sarina Bowen and I really thought that Heidi was funny. I hope you end up enjoying both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved Top Secret, Carole! So much love for Keaton and Luke. :)

      Delete
  13. I don't think I've read Jess' book (okay I pretty much skipped it and moved on to Krit's, Trisha's brother). Lol you're an MVP for pulling through with the Sea Breeze books. And I hope you enjoy Fix Her Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! I can't imagine skipping a book in a series. My OCD tendencies will not allow it. I have to read an entire series in order... every book... always. Like, I'm sure the earth would stop spinning if I did it any other way. LOL

      Delete
  14. You're on a roll with the Abbi Glines books! I really need to check some of her books out soon. She definitely has a ton to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they're fun... just don't expect greatness. LOL I use them as my "brain candy" reads. :)

      Delete
  15. So many great books here! I LOVED Top Secret. I also loved all of the other books you have going on here. I actually listened to the rest of them. They were so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top Secret was so, so good! I just loved Keaton and Luke. ♥

      Delete