Why I'm Weird Tag


 Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addition tagged me for this one (never mind that it was three months ago... ) so thanks for tagging me, Nicole! The tag was originally created bDellybird.

I'm guessing the point is just to share ten things that make me weird. We're all full of quirks so this should be easy... I think.


#1 - I DON'T DRINK COFFEE. EVER.
I've never liked coffee. On the rare occasion that I want something hot to drink, I go for a chai tea latte or a hot chocolate. Coincidentally, The Husband doesn't drink coffee, either. 

#2 - I INVENT REASONS FOR LISTS
I'm a big list-maker. Never met a list I didn't like. It appeals to my Type A(ish) personality. I like to catalog things, to keeps things orderly, to have things grouped together. Hence, the lists. And when it comes to a to-do list, often I'll write down stuff I've already done just so I can cross them off. Über satisfying.

#3 - I READ MAGAZINES BACK TO FRONT
I hardly ever read magazines any more but I used to be a total magazine junkie. And I always read them back to front. I have zero explanation for this. It's just a thing. Go with it.

#4 - I LIKE THE SMELL OF GASOLINE
No, I'm not hanging out at gas stations huffing, but I do like the smell. 

#5 - MY BEAR HAS A PASSPORT
Max has been around for a long time and he's a very well-traveled little bear. In fact, he has his own passport... with stamps in it. Sometimes Customs agents cannot resist his charms and they stamp his passport. This pleases him greatly.

#6 - I MAKE UP WORDS
Sometimes you just don't have the right word to properly express a feeling or a thought. So you have to take matters into your own hands and make up your own. My favorite is extanguinate. It's kind of a combination of exasperated + frustrated. It comes in quite handy.

#7 - I'M PARTICULAR ABOUT VOLUME
When listening to the radio in the car, the volume must be on an even number or a multiple of 5. No, I don't know why. I just know it's important.

#8 - I GUZZLE WATER TO WARD OFF SICKNESS
If I think I might be getting sick, I immediately start guzzling water. A lot. My theory: all the water will flush out the sickness. Yes, I know that it makes no sense and that my theory is scientifically illogical, but I don't let logic stop me.

#9 - I RARELY WATCH TV
I am not a TV watcher. And this puts me in a minority so small that I feel like a three-legged unicorn. We have one TV in our home and I can go days and days without ever turning it on. I do not follow any shows (I loathe feeling tied to the TV and having to keep up with a show week after week). And I don't have Netflix or any other streaming/subscription service. 

#10 - I HAVE NO SWEET TOOTH
Here we go... I saved the best for last. This is the one that always seems to make people gasp. LOL I've never been much of a sweets eater - even as a kid. (I gave away most of my Halloween candy because it held no interest for me.) When I snack, I want something salty or savory. Once in a great while I will have something sweet (like the cheesecake at Copeland's last weekend) but then I'm good for a long, long time. I don't even eat things like pancakes or waffles because I can't stand syrup (so sickeningly sweet... ugh).

So what makes you weird? :)

I'm tagging the following blogger friends, but if you don't feel like doing it, no pressure. And if I didn't tag you but you want to join in, go for it!



38 comments

  1. We have some weird things in common! I also do not drink coffee, ever. I don't like the taste of it, I can't eat or drink anything that has even a hint of coffee or mocha flavor.

    I also love lists. My dad used to tease me about having lists of my lists. This is only true when I'm working on a big project, or traveling.

    I also need my car radio's volume set in increments of 5. Though this applies to a lot of other things as well, so it's less about the volume and more about the increment.

    And I also rarely watch TV. When I do it is usually Netflix, and I'm binge watching an older sitcom, like Friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You phrased the volume thing better than I do. It's not actually about the volume, it's about the increment. Bingo.

      The coffee thing... we're a rare breed, aren't we? LOL

      Delete
  2. I share a couple of these, Tanya so we'll be weird together, lol. I don't have a sweet tooth either, I prefer salty and savory treats. I'll eat a couple of bites of dessert when my husband orders but it's not my weakness. I also hardly ever watch TV. I'm not the one turning it on, it's my husband and I hardly even know how to work the remote anymore. I end up catching shows while cooking because he's watching them, and I'll watch the occasional movie because my daughter wants to watch one. I love that your bear has a passport! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband isn't much of a TV watcher, either. Once in a great while he'll watch the local/national news but most often he just reads it online. Otherwise he just turns it on for an occasional football game. :)

      Delete
  3. You are not weird. I wish I had no sweet tooth.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't actually think I'm weird. LOL The tag is just all in fun. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Same! Given the choice between a book and a TV, I will always, always pick the book.

      Delete
  5. I can't imagine my day without coffee but I can see the no sweet tooth thing. We don't have a lot sweets in our house either. I do have to admit, I like the smell of gas too. 😏 Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are hardly ever sweets in my house. And when I do buy something it goes stale long before we can finish it. Ha!

      Delete
  6. So many things make me weird lol

    I only drink iced coffee. One cup per day. I don't care how cold it is and I'm the same with volume. And super specific - not too high or too low.

    I drink water whenever I have something bad like potato chips. I'm convinced it counteracts the bad.

    And I do like sweets but I', not addicted to them or anything and can only have a small amount at a time. My husband I almost always split whatever we get.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I absolutely love that you counteract a "bad" food with water. Priceless. :)

      Delete
  7. This is wonderful! I'm a big list-maker too, but I'm the weirdo who has to read lists from bottom to top.

    I don't like coffee either. I'll drink the fancy stuff but not the drip.

    I loveee that your bear has a passport! How many places has he been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that's a new one to me... reading the lists bottom to top.

      Max has been to the Bahamas, England, Germany, Canada... he even took a side trip to Miami without us one time. He accidentally made his way into a checked bag instead of a carry-on and that bag went to Miami instead of Montreal. Thankfully he was safely delivered to our hotel the next morning. But he still brags about his South Beach Adventures. :)

      Delete
  8. Sweets are not my thing either. I will always choose savory, when given the option. I don't watch much TV either. I used to watch a lot, but I have given up. My sister always loved the smell of gas too. I guess it's not the worst, though I do find it odd that you read a magazine backwards. What if the feature spans more than one page? Do you read the last page first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to all the savory goodness! Keep the sweet.. give me potatoes. LOL

      It's been ages since I've read magazines, but if I came across an article I would flip to the beginning, read it all the way through, and then continue with my back-to-front perusal. :)

      Delete
  9. Okay, so the coffee and sweets one made me gasp. LOL. JK. This is a fun tag. I might have to do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, the sweets thing always seems to confound people.
      I hope you do the tag, Aleen! I'd love to see what you decide to share. :)

      Delete
  10. I don't drink coffee either, and I'm glad I'm not the only one - most people I know cannot live without it, but I hate its taste. I hate television, because in Hungary you can only watch what's been dubbed, and a lot of the times channels have the same shows and the same films on constantly. And when they finish a show they re-start it immediately. There's a mystery show my mom watched, and they're playing it every weekend, even though they've already shown the whole show at least five times. It's annoying. I do like Netflix, though, but I'm more of a book person than a show/movie person - I get bored of shows relatively easily if I have to wait for the next episode/season haha. Great post, Tanya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sounds like TV options in Hungary are terribly limited. That would turn me off if I wasn't already ignoring the TV. LOL

      Delete
  11. This post was adorable.

    I think it's wonderful that customs agents stamp your bear's passport.

    I used to have a huge sweet tooth. After switching to a no-added-sugar diet, I've found that a lot of sugary foods are far too sweet for me this days. It's interesting that you've always been like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia :)

      Yes, Max is quite proud of his passport and likes to lord it over the other bears. :)

      Oh my, I imagine your tastes adjusted quite a bit with such a change in your diet. Things you used to love are now way too sweet!

      Delete
  12. OMG Tanya!!! You nailed it! And I am not shocked by your lack of sweet tooth more by you liking the smell of gasoline :-)))) I don't know if I'll be able to come up with so many weird things as you but I'll try! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay I LOVE this tag! I need to do it tbh. (Apparently Nicole also tagged me 3 months ago, whoopsie? 😂) I mean Idk how you function without coffee, but NOT being addicted to it is definitely not a bad thing! I also don't understand how you live without TV (fine, I don't understand how you live without The 100 hah) but again, more power to you! I LOVE that your bear has a passport, that is the most wholesome thing ever! Though I really think you may be onto something with the water- I mean, at the very least, it won't HURT, and it's good for you regardless, so. I call that one a win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently 3 months is our average response time, Shannon. LOL And you totally need to do it because I'm dying to see what you'll come up with. :) No coffee, no TV... what am I? Amish? LOL

      Yes, Max is quite smug about his passport. Such a diva he is.

      Delete
  14. I love this tag so much fun! I don't hate the smell of gasoline either, but I'm very worried about your lack of sweet tooth! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, the rest of my family thinks I'm a mutant. LOL

      Delete
  15. I'm with you on not having a sweet tooth but I enjoy watching cake shows or any show that involves baking something sweet lol and I do love ice cream... does that still count? 😂 Also about the volume thing, we're the same??? I NEVER - high emphasis on that - put it on an odd number that isn't a multiple of 5. And the water too. I do drink a ton whenever I feel like I'm about to get sick. Plus it's also nice to stay extra hydrated 😊 WATER RULES 🌊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you have no sweet tooth but watch all the cake baking shows. :) Too funny. Yes! Glad you understand the volume thing. LOL

      Delete
  16. Ooooh! Thanks for the tag. This should be a fun one, lol.

    I have to admit that quite a few of yours could be mine... I don't drink coffee (neither does the professor), I live by lists, I love the smell of petrol, I make up words and I also drink drink drink when I'm getting sick. However, I'm addicted to sweet stuff, Netflix is my friend and I couldn't care less about volume, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I have too many things about me that would seem weird - I'm too boring! My sister does not drink coffee, or tea really either, or alcohol! She's so particular about tastes and smells and they just don't appeal to her. I'm a listmaker just like you, and I also add things I've done just to then cross them out - so gratifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, too boring? Nope, don't believe it! :)

      Glad to know I'm not the only one that adds things to lists that I've already done! LOL

      Delete
  18. I'm with you on #1,2,8, and 9. My oldest son is #7. I tell him he has a touch of OCD all the time. I thought he was the only person that did that. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting about your son. And based on several of the comments, it's not so rare to be particular about volume settings! :)

      Delete
  19. Oh man, I LOVE coffee and have a sweet tooth all the time. Although, I'm totally with you on the volume one. hahah I'm not in increments of 5 or anything but I have determined very specific numbers for my TV depending on what we are watching and it bothers me if its not at that exact number lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of the comments make me realize that a lot of us are pretty particular when it comes to volume! :)

      Delete