WWW Wednesday #121 | November 2, 2022

 

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words.
Just share your answers to three questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

     

Kindle: It Ain't Me, Babe - Tillie Cole
Audio: Sneaking Around with #34 - Piper Rayne

Currently reading: Fun fact: It Ain't Me, Babe has been languishing on my Kindle since
2015. Yes, it's taken me 7 years to finally start this one. Years ago I read Cole's A Thousand
Boy Kisses and hated it so much it made me wary of ever reading another of her books. 
But my curiosity about It Ain't Me, Babe never waned. So here I am, over halfway
through it, and I can hardly put it down. I. Am. Hooked.
Current progress: 60%

Currently listening: Another week, another hockey romance. :) Sneaking Around With
#34 is number 4 in the series and is Warren and Imogen's story. These two have history 
from when they were teenagers but things ended badly. It's obvious they still have feelings 
but Imogen is resisting every step of the way.
Current progress: 35%

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?


Audio: Tropical Hat Trick - Piper Rayne - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Recently listened to: This novella (#3.5 in the series) focused on three different
would-be couples who were all at a resort attending Ford and Lena's wedding. There was 
a whole lot packed into the two hour audio book (about 90 pages) and it provided perfect
set-ups for the next three books in the series. Definitely had me excited for all their full-
length stories!

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?

      

I feel like by the time I finish It Ain't Me, Babe I'll be tempted to scrap all plans and binge
the whole series. But otherwise, I think Corinne Michaels' Give Me Love and/or Coen by
Sawyer Bennett will be next.


WHAT ARE YOU READING TODAY?
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! :)

10 comments

  1. I'm reading a nonfiction book about the Real Housewives - love the behind-the-scenes juicy info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that Cole book but decided I would skip it...maybe I shouldn't have. I didn't read that one you didn't like. I have enjoyed the ones I have read. Well, the first in her football romance series wasn't that great but the rest of her series was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're enjoying It Ain't Me, Babe. I'm hoping to get to it soonish. That's especially a win for you after not liking the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy that Tillie Cole one. I am sorry the "thousand boy kisses" didn't work for you. I haven't read that one. I have read many of her other books and LOVE them. So I hope you enjoy this one, I really like how for this series, the author implemented real life experiences from women who have escaped from actual religious cults though. I can't wait to see what you think of it. If you don't like it, I recommend trying her London Town or Raze books next! I just started a Jeannie Lin book, its set in ancient China so I am really intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few books of Tillie Cole of little while back and loved them. I must say I love the look and sound of It Ain't Me, Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't hate A Thousand Boy Kisses, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you picked up It Ain't Me Babe and are loving it. Especially after you didn't like the author's previous book. I'm listening to Finding Me by Viola Davis and it's quite a memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am now thinking that it has been entirely too long since I last read a hockey romance! I definitely want to read more of Sawyer Bennett's work and need to try Piper Rayne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It Ain't Me Babe sounds really good and I'm loving the cover. I'm currently re-reading It Ends With Us to refresh my memory before jumping into It Starts With Us.

    ReplyDelete