Review: Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

Title: Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

Series: Hopeless #2.5

Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Release Date: October 14, 2013 by Atria Books

Format: Kindle

Source: Purchased

Find it here: GoodReads | Amazon


Synopsis

This novella is a companion novel to the Hopeless series, but can be read as a standalone.

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.

My Thoughts

I'll never know how she does it, but Colleen Hoover manages to do in 90 pages what many authors cannot accomplish in a full-length novel. This follow-on novella to Hopeless and Losing Hope is chock full of heart and humor and genuine emotion.
"If you want to call yourself my girlfriend half as much as I wish you would, then it would save me a whole lot of begging. Because I was literally about to drop to my knees and beg you."
She squints her eyes playfully. "No begging. It screams desperation."
"You make me desperate," I say, pressing my lips to hers again."
Take Holder's best friend Daniel and Sky's best friend Six, put them together, and you get absolute magic. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the first three-quarters of the book. Daniel is such a crazy, unique character and Six is his perfect foil. Together they are quirky and funny and they are each exactly who the other needs. I loved every moment they were together. And every moment they weren't together but Daniel was thinking about her. And all the other moments.
“I’ve never believed in anything like I believe in the possibility of the two of us.”
And then, in her typical fashion, CoHo added a twist, hurt my heart, made me cry, and then made me happy all over again. 

Daniel and Six (and Holder and Sky and Breckin) made me laugh out loud, and grin like an idiot, and, as with everything Colleen writes, this was absolute perfection. I simply love Daniel and Six. I love them hard.

5/5 STARS

Note: The Kindle edition of Finding Cinderella is available for free at Amazon. Link is above.

Have you read Colleen Hoover before? If so, which is your favorite?


No comments