The Sunday Post #06


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the rules here:
*NEWS*

The biggest event this past week was Thanksgiving. It's usually a low-key day spent with family and this year was no exception. Gathering at my parent's house, spending time with them and my sisters (plus my niece, nephews and brothers-in-law) is always special. My older sister brought a dice game called Left Center Right and we had a blast playing that in the afternoon. We played with quarters instead of the chips it came with and it was a riot to watch everyone get excited when they won and would rake in their $4 or so in winnings. :) It was day of good food and good people and I was feeling very thankful for those who were around me. And very thankful for those who are serving overseas and were far from home this holiday. 

I try my best to stay at home on Black Friday. There is *nothing* I want badly enough to deal with the crowds and the traffic and the people willing to come to blows over a half-priced toy or marked down TV. It's crazy, isn't it? Or is it just me? Tell me in the comments if you're a Black Friday shopper - I'd love to hear your take on it! :)

Having a few days off work has been fabulous! Four days in a row kind of feels like a mini vacation. Loving it!

*LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG*

Last week I heard about the #HolidayCramathon theday after it started and made a spur of the moment decision to join in. It runs through December 13 and I've chosen to concentrate on books that I have been truly excited to read but have been putting off. (I love to prolong the anticipation but after a while it gets kind of ridiculous.) I finished my first book of the Cramathon yesterday and started a new one today. I love that I'm "allowing myself" to finally pick up the books I've been so excited for!

On Tuesday I shared a review of Welcome to Foreverby Annie Rains (4/5 stars). I really enjoyed the story of elementary school principal Kat and Marine Micah. What's funny is that the book doesn't release until Tuesday (December 1) and I'm already excited for the next book in the companion series. :)

I always enjoy What Are You Reading Wednesday (#WAYRW) and this past week I shared a snippet from All Played Out by Cora Carmack. I just love her Rusk University series!

*NEW ADDITIONS*


Amazon delivered a box of happiness to my door this week. Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino (which I am crazy excited about!), Until the End by Abbi Glines (I'll be marathoning the Sea Breeze series after the first of the year), and a paperback copy of Scarlet by Marissa Meyer to replace my hardcover version (so much easier to read the paperback). 

I also received Attachments by Rainbow Rowell from Book Depository. I won a giveaway at The Regal Critiques and that was my pick. It's one of my favorites by Rowell and I'm so happy to own a physical copy of it. And I'm in love with the cover of this UK version! Big thanks to +Ruzaika Rifaideen and +Veronika Éles for the giveaway!

I managed to rein in my one-clicking last week and there were only a few additions to the Kindle:
  

    
Amazon had the complete With Me in Seattle series by Kristen Proby available in two bundles. I've seen so many great reviews of the series and have wanted to start it for a while so it seemed like the perfect time to nab the whole series. And Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels was FREE which was too good to pass up. :)


*CURRENTLY READING* 

I just started I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios and, not to have unreasonable expectations or anything, but I'm kind of expecting greatness. I bought this almost as soon as it was released way back in February and have been wallowing in the anticipation ever since. Now I'm (finally!) diving in and I'm so optimistic and hopeful that this one will be as special as I think it will be.

*TOTALLY RANDOM*




So how was your week? Did you have a good Thanksgiving (for my American friends)? Are you a Black Friday shopper? Taking part in the #HolidayCramathon? Buy any new books? Fill me in on what your week was like!




No comments