The Sunday Post #62


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:

  • The Husband and I went to a Paint Night this week. It was held on the base (he's retired from the Navy) so naturally it had a nautical theme. Neither of us will be displaying our work in a museum any time soon but it was such a fun evening.
  • I tried the pink ombré drink from Starbucks. It was... meh. Quite disappointing for something so pretty to be so unimpressive.
  • Had my monthly breakfast with my mom and sisters this morning. Well, sister. Singular. My younger sister couldn't make it. Terri, if you're reading this: I missed you this morning! 
  • The Husband is at a car show down in Palm Harbor today. They have a patriotic category and I feel fairly certain he'll win that one.😉   
  • Totally excited for the four day weekend! For those who celebrate, I hope you have a fun and safe 4th of July!


Monday, June 26
Discussion: ARC Overload

Tuesday, June 27
New Release + Giveaway:
Damaged Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Wednesday, June 28
Top 5 Wednesday:
Hate to Love Ships

Friday, June 30
Review + Giveaway:
Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker


FINISHED:
Words in Deep Blue - Cath Crowley
Sugar & Gold - Emma Scott

CURRENTLY READING
Trust - Kylie Scott
Etched in Bone (AUDIO) - Anne Bishop

FROM THE JUNE BOOKWORM BOX:

Collecting the Pieces - L.A. Fiore
In the Heir - Ruth Cardello

PHYSICAL BOOKS:

Until It Fades - K.A. Tucker
Loved this one so much I bought a hardcopy.

KINDLE BOOKS:

Damaged Like Us - Krista and Becca Ritchie
Stay - Sarina Bowen and Ellen Kennedy
Take the Fall - Marquita Valentine
A Different Blue - Amy Harmon

ARCs FOR REVIEW:

Kissing Max Holden - Katy Upperman



How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
You know I want to hear about it! :)

22 comments

  1. I love your anchor paintings. I am a Delta Gamma, so we are all about anchors. That car is awesome! As for books, I see you got one of the WAGs books, I want to read that series. Eager to hear your thoughts. I really liked Kissing Max Holden. I hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. Yeah, my husband seriously loves that car and he's done a lot to it. It's kind of known around here - people take pics of it, it's been in a music video. He's definitely a "car guy." :) I'm so excited for Stay. I'm convinced the Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy can do no wrong.

      Delete
  2. I love those paint events! I think you both did a great job. I never think mine are all that great until the end and then I'm like "not too bad!" hah

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so much fun, Lauren! We'll definitely go back for future paint nights. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow, your husband's car is gorgeous! Hope he wins! Love your artwork, even if you won't be making any huge art sales any time soon. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! He came with two trophies so he was happy. And every time he gets trophies he buys me books so I was happy, too. LOL

      Delete
  4. Oh love the car. Nice! Those paint parties always looks fun, love that theme! Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll definitely go back for another paint night. It was a great time. Hope you're enjoying your 4th! :)

      Delete
  5. I think I missed the new blog design, I love it! Paint Night looked like a fun date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! It's still fairly new... maybe 3-4 weeks now? I'm kind of in love with the new look. :) And Paint Night was an awesome date night. :)

      Delete
  6. The paint night looked so fun!! I haven't done one of those in ages. It makes me want to participate in it again. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time doing a paint night and I can't wait to go again. :)

      Delete
  7. Paint Night looks so fun!! And I'm sorry the drink wasn't as good as it looks - it is so pretty.

    Until It Fades looks fascinating, I think I must check that one out.
    Have a lovely long weekend, Tanya!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paint night was totally fun! I can't wait to go back. And that Starbucks drink... blah. I'll stick to me ices chai tea lattes. :)

      Delete
  8. I so love this post, Tanya! Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker looks so pretty and I can't wait to read that book one of these days. ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pearl! :) Until It Fades was so, so good. I just fell in love with it. Hope you will love it, too!

      Delete
  9. We have one of those painting places here too, your post reminded me that I have a gift card that I need to use! Great job on yours. :)

    You got a lot of cool books! Hope you enjoy them and hope you had a great long weekend. ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool that you have that gift card! I'll definitely go back for another paint night. We had a great time.

      Delete
  10. Hope you enjoyed your 4th of July weekend! Happy reading!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! It was such a relaxing 4 days. Loved it. Hope you did as well. And here we are almost at the weekend again. :)

      Delete
  11. I see you are still going strong with The Others! Yay! [gotta freaking get to that series!] the navy huh? Please thank your hubby for his service to our beautiful nation! [shsss is a secret so don't say anything... but the navy is my favorite branch :)] I would totally get those paintings for our home! My hubby wants me to decorate coastal style now :) and I'm trying to do it as a surprised for his birthday. I hope you guys enjoyed your 4th as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love The Others series! I'm so bummed that with this current book I'll be all caught up. *sad face*
      Thanks so much for that. It is *always* appreciated.♥
      And don't I feel like a true artiste now? :)

      Delete