The Sunday Post #68


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:


  • It's been a busy week, hence the lack of posts. I managed to get a Top 5 Wednesday post up and considered that a success. Better luck this week! 

  • Had a day to myself yesterday and indulged in a little shopping therapy. It was one of those rare occasions where I liked everything I tried on and it all fit well and was flattering. Boom. I even snagged the ultimate score: a cocktail dress for this year's holiday party that was on a clearance rack for $19.99. I wasn't even looking for a dress but there it was. I felt like I was robbing them blind at that price. LOL #winning

  • Chez Atkinson was open for business last night. The A/C at my parent's house went out so they made use of our guest room. I swear, it always feels so weird knowing there are other people sleeping in the house - no matter who it is. 

       
     
  

WHAT I READ IN THE LAST WEEK:
Wish You Were Here - Renee Carlino
Rome (audiobook re-read) - Jay Crownover
Our Broken Pieces - Sarah White

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING
After the Game - Abbi Glines
Nash (audiobook re-read) - Jay Crownover

KINDLE BOOKS:
  
      
Hello Forever - Sarina Bowen
I Found You - Lisa Jewell



How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
You know I want to hear about it! :)

22 comments

  1. Oh shopping is fun. Great score on the dress. Looks like a great reading week. I need to get to the new carlino. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the new Carlino... I just need to get busy on her backlist.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had a shopping trip like that. I mostly avoid shopping, though I had to go to the mall today. Straight to Sephora and out. I am a horrible Jersey girl. You may have been busy, but at least you read a bunch of books (a few I really liked too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a shopper either. It's a rare occurrence - and when I do I always prefer to shop alone. I loathe shopping as a social outing. Ugh.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love when I hit the jackpot with a sale like that! Especially when it's for something you really need! Hope things calm down a bit for you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when a shopping trip works out like that. Glad you had fun. :)

    You know, I always feel weird when there are guests sleeping in my house too. Glad your parents had a place to go. Much better than a hotel.

    Hope you have a great week! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for some retail therapy and getting a dress at such an awesome price!

    I'm so used to people sleeping at my house - family, friends, whatnot, but I can imagine how weird it must be for others.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overnight company is totally rare at my house. I'm big on guests at hotels. LOL

      Delete
  6. What a great deal on the dress - love when that happens!
    Jen Ryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Jen - I never seem to find those awesome deals but luck was on my side last weekend. :)

      Delete
  7. Shopping so fun - especially when everything goes smoothly and you end up with amazing items :) Glad you scored!

    Looking forward to your review of Wish You Were Here. And I'm dying to read I Found You, it looks so good. Enjoy!
    Hope you have a lovely week :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually enjoy shopping but this particular trip was definitely a fun one! And I'm totally excited for I Found You. I used to love Lisa Jewell so I can't wait to start that one.

      Delete
  8. Shopping therapy just sounds so strange to me, as I hate shopping so much, it just stresses me out :D well... unless it's shopping for books, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a big fan of shopping, either, but I guess I was just in the right mood on Saturday. And I'm always in the mood to shop for books! LOL

      Delete
  9. It has been busy for me to so I totally relate! Though I'm happy because I was able to comment on all your posts :) LOL totally selfish of me :) shopping therapy AND deals!! YAY!! Love that! I should do some of that today! you bad influencer! :) just thinking about your $19.99 cocktail dress makes me so happy and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny. :) And you know I appreciate your every comment. I love how you always have something meaningful to say. So hug yourself for me. :)

      Delete
  10. Retail therapy! I did the same over the weekend. I regret it now because money, but it felt so good! Are your parents still with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is fun at the time, isn't it? And then buyer's remorse sets in. But no way can I feel bad about my $20 cocktail dress. LOL Nope, my parents only stayed one night. The A/C people were able to come out on Sunday morning by 10 AM and got everything fixed. Gotta love service like that!

      Delete
  11. Sarah White seems to be a breakout author this year for YA contemporary. Her books were everywhere. Have a great week!

    Anne @ The Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's definitely getting some buzz! I hope to have my review of Our Broken Pieces up by early next week.

      Delete