Top Ten Tuesday: YA Hidden Gems

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme 

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic: 
Hidden Gems (Young Adult Edition)


Emmy & Oliver | Robin Benway
This one has plenty of good ratings on GoodReads, but it still seems like it came and went without much fanfare. 
Time Between Us | Tamara Ireland Stone
I rarely ever see anyone mention this duology but I enjoyed Anna and Bennett's unique story so much.
The Summer I Found You | Jolene Perry
#SorryNotSorry if you're sick of me talking about this one, but I'll never stop singing its praises. With only 1,800 ratings on GR, this one is truly a hidden gem that deserves so much more attention. 
The Things You Kiss Goodbye | Leslie Connor
To this day I'm still unsure how I feel about the ending of this one. But even so, it was a moving and emotional coming of age story.
Off the Ice | Julie Cross
This one doesn't necessarily offer up anything new and different, but I totally fell for the characters. With less than 400 GR ratings (how can that be?!) I definitely consider this a hidden gem.
A Girl Named Digit | Annabel Monaghan
This duology is nonstop fun. Math genius Farrah (aka Digit) unwittingly cracks a terror group's code and finds herself working with a hot FBI agent. Loved this one!
Me Since You | Laura Wiess
Powerful, beautiful, emotional, heartbreaking.
(Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books, here's another grief book for you!)
The Edge of Juniper | Lora Richardson
This gem totally took me by surprise and does not get the attention it deserves.
Glass Houses | Rachel Caine
I know the series ended several years ago, but even then I don't remember seeing much talk about the Morganville Vampires. I don't typically go for uber long series (this one consists of 15 books) but this was totally addictive. I even got my husband to read them. :)
Audrey, Wait | Robin Benway
Another by Robin Benway. Why does she not get more attention? Maybe that will change with her new release in October. This one was funny and and entertaining and just an all around good read.

Do you have a favorite hidden gem to recommend?
  

19 comments

  1. The Summer I Found You is one I LOVED! Emmy & Oliver too. I have The Time Between Us on my TBR. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so excited any time someone else has read and loved The Summer I Found You. :)

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to look these up, they sound great and I love little hidden gems like that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Lily. And it always makes me wonder how many other hidden gems are out there that I haven't even discovered!

      Delete
  3. Glass Houses has me curious as I keep seeing Rachel Caine pop up (her recent Stillhouse Lake has me very curious). I think I remember Emmy and Oliver too, that one sounds familiar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caine's Morganville Vampires series was crazy addictive but I haven;t read anything from her since. I'm thinking Stillhouse Lake is going to change that, though.

      Delete
  4. I was just getting ready to check out Me Since You on GR, when I saw my name. (It really is a book for me). Audrey Wait, Emmy & Oliver (I have an autographed copy), and Time Between Us were all my my TBR, and I just added a few more. I am glad you had a similar take on hidden gems as me. I love showering those "little" books that delighted me with some affection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny. When I was putting my list together, I thought of you as soon as I picked Me Since You. It was like, grief book? Oh yeah, Sam needs to read this one. So cool you have a signed copy of Emmy & Oliver. I thought Emmy & Oliver were just precious and I loved their friends.

      Delete
  5. 'Digit' is one I've been meaning to read for a looong time. It looks like such a fun read (love the premise) and the newer covers are super cute. Emmy and Oliver is another one I'm curious about, but haven't read yet either. Though it does sit on my shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Digit duology was such fun. I'd love it if Monaghan wrote more Digit stories. And Emmy & Oliver deserves so much more attention. The two of them are so precious and my heart hurt for Oliver so much.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these book yet. It looks like my TBR list is going to grow a bit today. Thanks for the recommendations.

    Here is our TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TTT almost always helps me discover new-to-me books. I love that! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm SO HAPPY to find someone else who loved Time Between Us!! I read that book a while ago and thought it was so underrated. I absolutely loved it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish that one got more attention! I just loved Anna and Bennett's story!

      Delete
  8. Wow how have I missed some of these!? (Well, they are "hidden gems" for a reason I guess hah.) But seriously, why is there not more love for Emmy & Oliver? That book is SO good! And Time Between Us sounds like something I would LOVE, I have to add that to my list! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It seemed like Emmy & Oliver came and went and almost no one took any notice. That's one book where I want to start shouting at everyone: Why haven't you read this book?! And then throw it at them and run. That would be so satisfying. Time Between Us was more focused on the relationship but did still go into the ins and outs of the time travel and how it worked. Loved both it and the follow-up.

      Delete
  9. Ahhh! I love YA and this list is awesome. There's a lot on here on my own TBR, particularly Glass Houses because I never managed to read those ones even though they've been on my TBR FOREVER! You're inspiring me to really try hit the backlist some more.

    Wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is probably one of my favorite top tens! I love to discover those books that people are not paying enough attention too! I definitely added Glass houses! You got me at "addictive" and "hubby reading it" :) That's something! [at least with MY hubby! LOL]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Morganville Vampires series is so much fun! They were fast reads and I just inhaled them. Thinking about them makes me want to reread the series!

      Delete