The Sunday Post #131


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:


Happy December! Isn't it crazy to think we're weeks away from Christmas and the end of another year? Mind-boggling.

Yesterday The Husband and I spent much of the day shopping - something we don't often do. We started at Bath & Body Works because it was their annual candle sale. It's when I stock up and my haul generally lasts me for all of the following year. We also hit up Kirkland's for a couple Christmasy home decor items, and at the mall (someplace I probably hadn't gone to in a year) I found a jacket I needed for a holiday party next weekend. Quite the successful outing.
     

In bookish news, Colleen Hoover dropped a surprise release on Friday! The long-awaited follow-up to Maybe Someday, called Maybe Now. She's good at keeping secrets! :) I am crazy excited to dive in and revisit Sydney and Ridge!

Thanks to everyone who entered my giveaway for the Black Friday Book Bonanza (hosted by Kim at Caffeinated Reviewer). The winner (chosen randomly by GiveawayTools) was Jeanna M. and the book she chose is already on its way to her. Congratulations again, Jeanna!   

Wondering when your favorite Christmas movie is going to air? Look no further... iHeartRadio has shared a comprehensive schedule of all the Christmas movies and holiday specials from now through December 24!

And BookBub has shared some great lists recently, including: memoirs everyone should read, NPR's best books of 2018, and romance books to get you in the Christmas spirit.

And now I'm off to meet my mom and sisters for our monthly breakfast. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. Happy reading!



WHAT I READ IN THE LAST WEEK:

  
Another wonderful addition to the True North series.

Even more over the top and ridiculous than the first book, but it was good for a few (unintended) laughs. LOL *audiobook*

Absolutely loved it. Broke my heart, made me feel all the feelings, but I fell in love with this one.

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING: 

I haven't started another physical book yet since finishing Forever, Interrupted yesterday. I needed a breather after all the emotion and tears. I plan on totally revamping my library today (I'm already tired of the rainbow shelves and I'm going back to alpha by author) so I'll likely choose a book while I'm in there playing with them all. :)

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
I'm listening to The Third Wife and while it's not one of her highest rated books, I'm still intrigued.

    
Woo hoo!
    





How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
I'd love to hear about it!

20 comments

  1. Um how did I miss Maybe Now??? I need to get on that!! Glad you enjoyed Forever Interrupted. It is my only unread TJR book - besides the new one coming out. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What CoHo released that one???? OMG I wonder what you'll think of it. And I had a small shopping spree this weekend with my daughter. Must be Christmas ;-) Happy Sunday Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally read Forever Interupted. Have a good holiday Tanya. #sundaypost

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stocking up on things when they go on sale!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love scented candles. I usually burn them while I'm reading in bed. I like your plaid blanket and pillow, too. I rarely go to the mall anymore either. I do most of my shopping online. Much better than fighting over parking spaces and waiting in line. :)

    I must catch up with the True North series. I think I only read book one and I love Sarina Bowen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had wonderful family breakfast, and nice shopping haul. Have you read the Maybe novella? I read the first book, but that's it. I am curious though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made out like a bandit at BBW. I don't know how I'm not familiar with it, I'm obsessed with their seasonal candles! I've bought three jar candles when those were on sale in early November.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I miss Kirklands. I bought some art there once but our store went out a few years ago. Bath and Body Works is pretty awesome for the candles...

    I've got a Lisa Jewell book or two on my TBR. I never read her last one and the new one coming out has my name on it haha!

    I need to check that Christmas movie list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I crammed a few arc's in that were due this week. I've had so much going on that I almost missed the deadline. Oops!

    I haven't shopped at BBW in a long time but I used to love their stuff.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family loves Kirkland's. You can find such cute things! I need to check out that list of Christmas movies. I'm trying to keep up but so many channels have movies this year.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you got a lot of stuff. I love candles! I only have 1, and I’m trying to ration it. I hope you had a good breakfast with your family.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a fun time! Love it when shopping excursions go well :) Hope you enjoy all of your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the candles but I ended up ordering stuff online. We are switching over more to the scent plugins since my daughter has had a few issues with leaving candles going, which can be dangerous. Enjoy your books. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the B&BW plug-ins (Wallflowers, I think?) but I already have half a dozen of the AirWick ones throughout the house and the thought of replacing them all... eh, it just seems kind of wasteful. But the B&BW scents are soooo good! :)

      Delete
  14. One of the prompts was for books that made you cry on blogmas and I came up empty. I am wondering if Maybe, Interrupted would do it? Maybe?

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely shed some tears during Forever, Interrupted!

      Delete
  15. I can't believe it's December already! I feel like I'm missing it all... Forever, Interrupted sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is a nice candle haul. Glad to hear you enjoyed Forever, Interrupted. That one's on my TBR but I haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete