The Sunday Post #157


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:

  • It's HOT! We have been bogged down by a heatwave for the past week and I am so over it. Several days have hit 100 degrees and when it's not triple digits that just means it's cooled down to a balmy 97. It's going to be a looong summer.
  • The Husband and I have started shopping for a new mattress. The options are endless! What happened to just going out and buying a mattress? Now there's innerspring, memory foam, sleep numbers, adjustable, pillow top, gel layers... and on and on. It's making my head hurt.
  • In other "it's making my head hurt" news, the Blues lost game three in the Stanley Cup play-offs last night. It was brutal. So now the Bruins are up 2-1. Blues really need to win tomorrow night. Anyone else following the play-offs? Go Blues!




WHAT I READ IN THE LAST WEEK:

  
  

Storm and Fury was such a good time! Loved being back in that world, loved revisiting characters I knew, and enjoyed the new characters introduced. Just an all-around good time. My review will post later this week.

Block Shot was another juicy, emotional story from Kennedy Ryan. Not as heart-wrenching as Long Shot but I was still totally invested. I actually had a fun little Twitter chat with Kennedy one day last week and she was sending me links to some bonus material. I want to inhale everything she's written!

And then there was Mrs. Everything. I practically inhaled this book. Every time I picked up the book I didn't want to put it back down. I have no idea how to write a review that will do it justice, but I do know that it will be among my favorites of the year.

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING: 
    
     


I'm starting Red, White & Royal Blue right after dinner tonight and I can't wait! It's been a long time since I was this excited to start a book.

I started listening to Hook Shot on Friday and I love getting Kenan's story. He and Lotus both have a lot of baggage so I'm interested to see how their relationship will develop.


KINDLE BOOKS: 
       
I saw a favorite BookTuber talk about this one and it sounded so interesting that I headed to Amazon and one-clicked it.

eARC FOR REVIEW:

I was crazy excited to get approved for the next Christina Lauren release!




How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
I'd love to hear about it!

31 comments

  1. This is my first Tempurpedic and I love it! Hope you find something both you and mister like. Yeah! We both got Twice in a Blue Moon. I was super excited about hat approval.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about Tempurpedic! We finally made a decision and a purchase yesterday. We went with a hybrid - innerspring + memory foam. We went from a queen to a king so now I need to get on the ball and order a new bed! It'll probably be a while before I get to Twice in a Blue Moon but I'm still so excited for it. :)

      Delete
  2. I completely agree about Mrs. Everything. I started reading it yesterday and it took me a couple of chapters to really get into it, but now I can't put it down and think I'll probably finish it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you're so into Mrs. Everything! I still haven't started my review. I honestly don't know how to articulate all that it encompasses.

      Delete
  3. It's been really hot here as well! I think I melt a little every time I go outside. It's also incredibly humid, which makes me feel like breathing is something I have to consciously do. We've discussed Storm and Fury, so no need to rehash that here. ;) I can't wait to see what you think about Red, White, and Royal Blue!!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, yes. Add the humidity in and it feels like you're swimming thru the air. Ugh. I was so bummed that I didn't get to start RW&RB last night. My mom came over for dinner and ended up staying late... so there went the reading time. :)

      Delete
  4. We've had a hot week but nothing compared to you yours, lol. I hate when it's so hot I struggle to sleep through the night. :(

    This is the first I've heard of Mrs Everything (I think?) so I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I can't handle being hot at night. We typically turn down the A/C so it's even cooler in the house at night.

      Mrs. Everything was So. Good. I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan of Mrs. Everything! I love Jennifer Weiner! She is one of the first authors I have ever met and I was so nervous! Have you ever read Goodnight Nobody? Ugh that is a classic! And I am reading Red, White, and Blue now too! It's steamy and witty!

    -www.thebookishfairy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read several others by Weiner but not Goodnight Nobody. I'll definitely have to get that one soon!

      Delete
  7. I'm in the middle of Red, White, and Royal Blue and LOVING it, so I really hope you do too. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to start it last night as planned and now I'm about to crawl out of my skin wanting to dive into it. LOL

      Delete
  8. Yea, it seems like you have so many choices on everything. Good luck mattress shopping!

    Oh books look good. I have several I need to check out now. :)

    Go Avalanche! (well, next year... LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least they made it to the play-offs! Maybe next year... :)
      And it's not like I'm a Bruins fan (ack!). I'm just pulling for the Blues so the Bruins don't win. LOL

      Delete
  9. I DO NOT miss that heat. You can remind me int he winter - but I loooove the PNW summers.

    If my copy of Red, White & Royal Blue doesn't come in soon (I've been in - ready in a few days for 2 weeks now) I'm going to lose my sh*t! lol

    And mattress shopping is only second to car shopping. It used to be so easy and now there are so many options!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me so jealous! :)
      Well, I didn't get to start RW&RB last night as planned so I'm grumpy about it, too.
      Way too many mattress options! We finally settled on one yesterday and got it ordered. Which means now I have to get busy and order a new bed!

      Delete
  10. Girl, you know I'm watching the game (watching game 3 right now). I requested that book from Christina Lauren, but we'll see if I get it! I LOVED The Unhoneymooners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the Blues made it 2-2! So excited to see that!

      Fingers crossed you get approved for Twice in a Blue Moon! CLo has quickly become a favorite. :)

      Delete
  11. I was just talking about the heat with someone and how bad it's gonna be in July and August. I was gonna give you a mattress rec cuz I love mine, but I see in a comment above that you already found one lol. Hopefully it'll be super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of mattress do you have, Kristen? Wish we could have chatted a couple days ago. :) We ended up buying a hybrid (innerspring + memory foam) so my fingers are crossed that I'll love it!

      Delete
  12. Wow that is hot! We've been lucky so far (knocks on wood) with the weather- it's actually been in the 60's and sunny, so it's been nice but not hot yet. I hope you get a cooldown!

    I see the Blues won tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the 60s??? Now you're just bragging. LOL

      Yes they certainly did win last night! Now if they can just keep it going.

      Delete
  13. I'm about half way through with Hook Shot, can't wait to discuss with you!

    Weather has been super weird, May has been mostly 50s and 60s in Chicago so it doesn't feel like summer yet. Good luck with the mattress shopping, it's a whole world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm about 8 hrs in and I have so many feeelings! (Mostly that I am inlove with Kenan. LOL)

      OMG, 50s and 60s? Will you adopt me, please, so I no longer have to live on the surface of the sun?

      Delete
  14. Oh wow how are there soo many types of mattresses! My husband and I need a new one too! I'll need to check out Mrs. Everything I've seen it everywhere but kind of ignored it! And I'm super excited for Christina Lauren's new book!!

    ~Kendra @ Kendra Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy Mrs. Everything if you give it a try. It really took me by surprise!

      Delete
  15. Enjoy the new mattress and Red Royal Blue LOL I can't wait to see if you'll be caught up in the hype for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too far into Red, White & Royal Blue (maybe 40 pages) but I'm totally enjoying it so far. :)

      Delete
  16. I agree that the mattress options are endless! We went with the Sleep Number, which works well for us since my husband likes a hard mattress and I like a soft one. Hope you love your choice!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep Number was our first stop but I was less than impressed with the prices. LOL We ended up getting a hybrid mattress (innerspring + memory foam) with an adjustable base. It gets delivered on Saturday so hopefully we chose well!

      Delete