#Blogmas2019 Day 3 & Day 4: Best Cover Model and Best Rom Com #BestBooksof2019


Welcome to Blogmas 2019! 
Blogmas is the creation of Sophie @ Beware of the Reader. This is her third year (I think) doing Blogmas and my second year participating. Sophie has provided some great prompts for this month and I'm excited to participate as often as possible. I'll probably be combining days fairly often, like today. If you'd like to participate, be sure to use the hashtags #Blogmas2019 and #BestBooksof2019.

DAY 3: BEST COVER MODEL 
I'm not the biggest fan of covers featuring shirtless guys. It opens the floodgates to all kinds of cheesiness. But there's an exception to every rule, right? Because Long Shot manages to feature a shirtless guy that 1) isn't cheesy and 2) is positively dreamy.

According to Kennedy Ryan the cover model is Kevin S and if you want to indulge in a little more eye candy you can check out his Instagram account.

DAY 3: BEST ROM COM

When it comes to laugh out loud humor, Christina Lauren nails it. I love the snarky banter, the funny one-liners, the self-deprecating humor, and the hilarious situations. They combined it all perfectly in Josh & Hazel's Guide to Not Dating. I read this one way back in March but I still remember how much I loved Hazel and how often I laughed out loud while read her and Josh's story.
"I can’t believe I’m encouraging this conversation, but you were telling me about your gynecologist snubbing you and I’m actually curious to hear how it turned out."

“So I stopped in the middle of the gymnasium and smiled at him—not my courtesy smile, but my real one—and he just walked by.”

“Maybe he didn’t see you.”

“He definitely saw me—and don’t get me wrong, I run into guys all the time who’ve seen my vagina and pretend not to know who I am. Things don’t work out and that’s fine. But I paid this guy."

HAVE YOU READ EITHER OF THESE BOOKS?
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE ROM COM THIS YEAR?





19 comments

  1. Yes!!! I love your cover model! He has just soft doe eyes and ....dreamy sigh! Christina Lauren have also been known these last months for writing fantastic romcom!!! Great choices Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I LOVED Josh & Hazel. One of my all-time favorite rom-coms. I agree. The cover model did a nice job being August. He seem strong with a softness, and he has great eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have much love for Josh * Hazel. They gave me all the good feelings. :)

      Delete
  3. The Christina Lauren book does look fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a great duo and Josh & Hazel is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  4. I really want to read Josh and Hazel! And yeah, I'm not always the biggest fan of shirtless guys on covers.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give Josh & Hazel a try sometime. It is so great.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read either of these books either. (I have some work to do!) I am not a big fan of shirtless cover models either but I like this cover a lot. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long Shot was pretty angsty and emotional but such an amazing read.

      Delete
  6. I still haven't read Josh and Hazel! *hangs head from the weight of the shame.* Maybe I should just dive into before the end of the year? Binge read it over Christmas to avoid my family who will no doubt be driving me nuts by then? 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the shame! Maybe you can get to it on your Christmas break? (hint hint!)

      Delete
  7. I completely agree with you on Josh & Hazel. I adored that book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally read Christina Lauren for the first time this year, but I haven't read Josh and Hazel yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is so light and fun! I hope you'll love it if you pick it up!

      Delete
  9. That is definitely one gorgeous man. I am SO with you though on the shirtless men covers. I mean, I get their appeal and draw and why they are so prominent in the genre, it's just... not my aesthetic. Even when they are total babes. Also, ugh, I really did enjoy Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating. I need to continue on with my exploration of Christina Lauren's titles--they are always really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina Lauren rarely disappoint. Josh & Hazel was super cute and fun. And I still want to go back and reread Autoboyography (one of my all time faves).

      Delete