#Blogmas2019 Days 12, 13 and 14: Best Surprise/Discovery, Favorite Fantasy/PNR, Favorite Indie Author #BestBooksof2019


Welcome to Blogmas 2019! 
Blogmas is the creation of Sophie @ Beware of the Reader. This is her third year (I think) doing Blogmas and my second year participating. Sophie has provided some great prompts for this month and I'm excited to participate as often as possible. I'll probably be combining days fairly often, like today. If you'd like to participate, be sure to use the hashtags #Blogmas2019 and #BestBooksof2019.

DAY 12: BEST SURPRISE/DISCOVERY 

I picked up Well Met on a whim and expected something light and fun to pass the time. What I got was all that and then some! Well Met was sweet and adorable, funny and romantic, and all-around charming. It was a listening experience that I loved from start to finish.

DAY 13: FAVORITE FANTASY/PNR

We go way back to January for my favorite fantasy of the year. The Wicked King was everything I wanted in the sequel to The Cruel Prince. It was darker, more intense, and the stakes were higher. The drama was positively delicious and I was so there for it. 

DAY 14: FAVORITE INDIE AUTHOR
And here's where I start to cheat because no way can I choose just one. Five seems like a nice round number so we'll go with that. 

Emma Chase writes book that, at first glance, are deceptively light and fluffy but almost always pack an emotional punch. Her books just bring me so much enjoyment. Lora Richardson is a contemporary YA author that never disappoints. Her books are like falling into a cozy blanket and being hugged for 300 pages. Krista & Becca Ritchie are the twin sister writing duo behind the Addicted/Calloway Sister series, which happens to be my favorite contemporary series ever. I've lived through a lot with those characters! Emma Scott breaks my heart with every book - and makes me ugly cry - but she always puts my heart back together in the best way before it's all over. And Mia Sheridan writes stories that are so packed with emotion and pull me in every single time. 


HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS?
WHAT WAS YOUR BEST SURPRISE OF 2019?




24 comments

  1. I loved Well Met! Not sure what my biggest surprise was. Maybe The Kiss Quotient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face while listening to Well Met. :)

      Delete
  2. I want to read Well Met so badly, my library still doesn't even have it on their website. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your choices Tanya!!!!! The Folfk of the Air was my favorite one of my favorite series this year and I so love Emma Scott but you already know this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could just binge all the Emma Scott books I haven't read yet, but I don't think my heart could take it. :)

      Delete
  4. Emma Scott and Mia Sheridan really be the authors that get you thinking the story's all cute and sweet but breaks your heart as it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sort of believed I would enjoy Well Met, but I absolutely loved it. That's the kind of surprise I look forward to

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Well Met, too. I love Mia Sheridan! I'd like to try Emma Scott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma Scott has a similar feel to Mia Sheridan, in my opinion. They both excel at relatable characters and emotional storylines.

      Delete
  7. you have discovered some awesome authors and books this year! I loved The Wicked King as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wicked King was such an excellent follow-up. And now I’m excited to start The Queen of Nothing soon!

      Delete
  8. I love that you have so many favorite indie authors that you couldn't choose just one!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve discovered more and more indie authors whose writing I connect with over the past few years.

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to read Holly Black's series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read none of these except Archer's Voice! 😱 I'm excited to read Well Met and Emma Chase/Scott in the future though.
    and I FINALLY started reading The Cruel Prince!!! I've only been talking about doing it for about 2 years now... 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited you're reading (or have since read) The Cruel Prince! I can't wait to read what you think!

      Delete
  11. I don't often come across indie books, but I think I've read one Emma Chase book, I'll have to check out more from her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Emma's Royally series. And her Getting Some series is probably my favorite.

      Delete
  12. Well Met was a great discovery for me as well. One of my favorites of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete