#Blogmas2019 Days 28, 29 and 30: Best Book to Make a Movie, Best Swoony Book, The Best of the Best #BestBooksOf2019


Welcome to Blogmas 2019! 
Blogmas is the creation of Sophie @ Beware of the Reader. This is her third year (I think) doing Blogmas and my second year participating. Sophie has provided some great prompts for this month and I'm excited to participate as often as possible. I'll probably be combining days fairly often, like today. If you'd like to participate, be sure to use the hashtags #Blogmas2019 and #BestBooksof2019.


DAY 28: BEST BOOK TO MAKE A MOVIE

   


Josh & Hazel would make the perfect rom-com movie. I'd go see it! I can imagine Lisa Jewell's Watching You as a kind of quiet, atmospheric thriller. And I've always thought The Others series would translate well to the screen. With the CGI and special effects available now, Wild Country would be epic on the big screen!


DAY 29: BEST SWOONY BOOK

    


I loved the dual timeline in Say You Still Love Me. Getting to experience Piper and Kyle's first love as teenagers and then reconnecting as adults gave me all the feels. Jay Crownover writes heroes that will do anything for their heroine and Salvaged was no exception. The way Hudson treated Poppy was seriously swoony. And I Want You Back featured one of my favorite tropes (second-chance romance) and seeing Jaxson fight to get his family back was all kinds of swoony goodness.


DAY 30: THE BEST OF THE BEST

    
   


I give out 5-star rating very rarely. Those five stars aren't just for every book I really enjoyed. Five stars are very those very, very special books. The ones that become instant favorites. The ones that move me in a way unlike anything else. A book that is head and shoulders above the rest. So I was super surprised to find that I had five 5-star reads in 2019! I'm not sure that's ever happened! But all five of these books were remarkable stories and true stand-outs from the year. 

HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS?
WHAT WAS YOUR BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR?





16 comments

  1. Daisy Jones made my Best Of list this year too. And omg, how cute would a Josh and Hazel movie be! I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be awesome? Josh & Hazel and all their cuteness on-screen. :)

      Delete
  2. I would watch Josh & Hazel, because it would make a fantastic rom-com. If Long Shot were a movie, I would be reduced to a puddle on the floor. Hudson was a great book boyfriend. I really loved them as a couple too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I can't even imagine Long Shot as a movie. I'd have to take a Valium before watching it. Hudson + Poppy were so great together. I really like most of Jay's heroes.

      Delete
  3. I feel you, this year I had more "six stars" (which are basically all-time faves) than I did any other year, I think 5 as well, which is unheard of! Last year (and the several years prior) I only had ONE! I am REALLY needing to read The Others' series and world this year- I said that last year but seriously! It sounds so good, and if it'd make a great movie then YES please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that's how I am. Typically any given year might produce one 5-star read. Two if I'm lucky. And I'm fine with that! Those books are the uber-special ones. So having five in one year? Whoa baby! :)

      Delete
  4. I also give out 5 stars very rarely, but Daisy Jones is definitely one that deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I was pulled into that world so completely. And realizing who the interviewer was... *sobs*

      Delete
  5. I was a little more generous with my 5 stars this year but I still only handed out 26 out of 175 books read. The Girl He Used to Know and The Reckless Oath We Made both got 5 stars from me as well. I do need to read Daisy Jones sometime in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we share those as favorites. Both of those really made an impact on me. I hope you love Daisy Jones when you get to it.

      Delete
  6. I've decided to read more thriller and mystery this year so I'm adding Watching You to my list. "Five stars are very those very, very special books." - I agree. I hardly give out 5 stars but when I do, I just know that book will forever be a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you think of Watching You when you get to it. I just really like Jewell's brand of domestic drama/mystery.

      Delete
  7. You nailed it with this post! I agree with your favorites and Salvaged is one of my favorite from this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna! :) Jay Crownover really created something special with the Marked Men and Saints of Denver series.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read Josh & Hazel yet, but I have it on my Jan TBR. Can't wait to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read Josh and Hazel. I FINALLY own Daisy Jones though, so that'll happen soon.

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete