#Blogmas2019 Days 15, 16, 17 and 18: Best Romance Author, Most Original Plot/Story, Best New-To-Me Author, Most Read Author #BestBooksOf2019


Welcome to Blogmas 2019! 
Blogmas is the creation of Sophie @ Beware of the Reader. This is her third year (I think) doing Blogmas and my second year participating. Sophie has provided some great prompts for this month and I'm excited to participate as often as possible. I'll probably be combining days fairly often, like today. If you'd like to participate, be sure to use the hashtags #Blogmas2019 and #BestBooksof2019.

DAY 15: BEST ROMANCE AUTHOR 
    


I could probably fill up all 31 days of posts about my favorite romance authors so there's no way I can choose just one. Be impressed that I managed to narrow it down to just three. :) Sarina Bowen is 100% dependable and I know she is always going to deliver characters that I love with a good dose of humor and heart. Alexa Martin is a newer favorite but the first two books in her Playbook series really wowed me this year. And this list could not exist without Colleen Hoover. She's been my favorite author (romance or otherwise) since I first picked up Maybe Someday in 2014. No one can so completely engage my emotions like Colleen.

DAY 16: MOST ORIGINAL/ATYPICAL PLOT OR STORY


When it come to unique and original storytelling, Bryn Greenwood is a master. Both in her stories - and how she tells them. The Reckless Oath We Made was another stellar example of that. The story of a part-time drug runner with a hoarder mother, a knight, and an epic quest to rescue a hostage. Not only are the story and characters completely original, even the telling of it is atypical. Gentry speaks in Old English and his chapters are written that way which just added to the overall uniqueness of this amazing story. 

DAY 17: BEST NEW-TO-ME AUTHOR
    

2019 was the year I discovered Kennedy Ryan - and I'm so glad I did. It started with Sam and Amber telling me I had to read Long Shot. And I was floored. I immediately binged the next two books in the Hoops series - Block Shot and Hook Shot - and more recently have read Flow and Grip.

DAY 18: MOST READ AUTHOR IN 2019
    


This was a bit of a surprise to me. Until I realized that I'd re-listened to the entire Marked Men series this year and read the Saints of Denver series. In total, I read 9 books by Jay this year. Runners up include: Sarina Bowen (6 books), Kennedy Ryan (5 books), and Christina Lauren/Emma Chase/Anne Bishop (4 books each).


HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS?
WHAT'S THE MOST ORIGINAL STORY YOU READ IN 2019?




22 comments

  1. Nine books by Jay??? Wow! And I am so happy you chose The Reckless Oath We Made as it is featured many times on my Blogmas LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to not keep singing its praises! It’s definitely one of my top reads of the year!

      Delete
  2. The Reckless Oath We Made looks good. And CoHo seems to have a lot of fans so I don't think you're alone!

    Hope you had an awesome Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Reckless Oath We Made was amazing. Definitely one of my top reads of the year.

      Delete
  3. Bowen is probably one of my favorite romance authors as well. She is up there with Jill Shalvis and Lauren Layne. Speaking of Layne, I read 17 books by her this year, and she is my most read. Hoopla helped me accomplish all that. Her books work so well for me on audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 17 by LL in one year! I’ve actually never listened to any of hers on audio. But I’ll definitely be hitting up Hoopla for some of hers now!

      Delete
  4. I love Sarina Bowen so much! I finally read my first Colleen Hoover this year but I predict many more to come. The Reckless Oath We Made was such a great book! I bet my most read is Kate L. Mary since I worked my way through a couple of her zombie books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarina Bowen is one that has truly never disappointed. I love everything she writes.

      Delete
  5. The Reckless Oath We Made is one I really want to read. I haven't read many romance authors since it's not my go-to genre, but this year I definitely developed an appreciation for Christina Lauren's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve read two by Bryn Greenwood now and have been simply floored by her story telling. The Reckless Oath We Made was truly unforgettable for me.

      Delete
  6. I definitely plan on reading Colleen Hoover for the first time in 2020, I already have a book waiting on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you’ll love it, Angela! I’ll be looking forward to reading your thoughts on it.

      Delete
  7. I enjoy Sarina Bowen, Elle Kennedy, CoHo, and Jay Crownover, too! I need to give Bryn Greenwood a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like Greenwood’s All the Ugly and Beautiful Things is a love it or hate it book (I loved it). The Reckless Oath We Made is a lot more widely accessible, in my opinion.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read any of these... you're making me feel like I'm missing out! ;)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? ☃💬

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarina Bowen is one author I NEED to try next year. It's ridiculous that I haven't when people speak so highly of her and I own a load of her books! (I think I have 6?)

    Jay crownover is one who I've drifted away from but need to read again. I loved her Marked Men and the Saint's books that I read! Need to at least finish that series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarina Bowen is one of my go-to authors and I love everything she writes (both on her own and with Elle Kennedy). I have so much love for the Marked Men and Saints of Denver series! I read Jay's Unbroken earlier this year and it was good but not up to par with the others, in my opinion.

      Delete
  10. I know Colleen Hoover receives a lot of criticism from readers outside of the romance community but she's one of those dependable authors that you know won't let you down. I read Slammed back in 2012 before I begun blogging and must admit that I've preferred her young adult releases a little more. She ruins readers and you still can't help going back for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen Hoover has long been one of my favorites. She does get some criticism but I'm a firm believer that not ever writer (or every book) is for every reader. It's just a matter of finding who you connect with.

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, The Reckless Oath We Made sounds like such a unique premise! I have seen that here and there on bookstagram but I don't think it's very hyped, right? I'm definitely going to check it out though. It sounds great! I haven't read any of these books but looking forward to trying more CoHo next year :) Great list, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Reckless Oath wasn't very hyped at all and it really deserves so much more attention.

      Delete