The Sunday Post #362 | May 5, 2024

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Long time no see, friends! I think it's been a month since my last Sunday Post. I've managed a few other posts in the interim, but even so, it's been fairly quiet on the blogging front. 

The Husband and I just returned from a getaway to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Nothing but total relaxation and good times. 

  
   

Now after nine glorious days of R&R, it's back to the office (and reality) tomorrow. In some ways it will be nice to get back into my usual routines, but I'll also miss the lazy days with no schedules.

In hockey news, my Tampa Lightning went out in the first round of the playoffs. 😭 To add insult to injury, it was at the hands of the Florida Panthers (our #1 nemesis - big in-state rivalry). So now I'll spend the rest of the playoff season just cheering for whoever will beat the Panthers. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. LOL

Over the past week or so two of my very favorite bloggers have said goodbye to blogging (for very different reasons, but still). They are both still active on Instagram so it's not as if they've disappeared, but I will miss their blog posts. 

I can't say that I have not considered doing the same. And often. My interest in reviewing what I read has truly waned. My love for reading is as strong as ever, but the desire to craft reviews... not so much. So, not sure what the future will bring but for now I continue to post here and there and review when the mood strikes. 

Since it's been a week of celebrating our 25th anniversary, this week's throwback song is coming from this week in 1999. This is Save Tonight by Eagle-Eye Cherry. Enjoy!




ON THE BLOG


Nothing in the last week.


WHAT I READ

     

eARC: Mind Games by Nora Roberts - 4.25★
Audio: No One Can Know by Kate Alice Marshall - 4.25★

CURRENTLY READING


Kindle: The Drawback of Single Dads (Lake Starlight #4) by Piper Rayne

NEW ADDITIONS


Not a thing.


TOTALLY RANDOM



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

15 comments

  1. Happy anniversary to you and your husband, Tanya! 25 years is awesome. So glad you had some time to relax. :)

    I've come back from years of a blogging hiatus, and am sad to see that a lot of my favorite bloggers from back then are no longer active. :( I really don't like reviewing individual books on the blog anymore as well, mostly bc I don't think those get a good discussion going. I'd still do a few series recaps and maybe joint mini reviews/discussions, but I'm holding off from posting single-book reviews on the blog and am posting those on GR instead. But you do you! Please only post what you want to, and don't let the pressure get to you. :)

    aimee @ aimee can read

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy anniversary to you, Tanya - it's a real achievement these days:)). Glad you had such a lovely time and I hope the coming week is a wonderful one. As for your decision to hold off on the reviewing - I think it's something that should be done if you enjoy it. Otherwise what is the point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Your pictures look lovely! I used to LOVE that Eagle Eye Cherry song so much. So many great memories attached to that (I was in my first year of college when it came out!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same about reviewing and blogging Tanya. For the time being I am still blogging but we'll see when renewal of my subscription will come! Also I saw some of your holiday picture on Instagram ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures of your trip! It looks like you had a fantastic time!! I can definitely relate to review fatigue. Sometimes you just want to read and not worry about reviewing. All of my reviews are now "bite-sized" because I've decided to take the pressure off of writing a ton of thoughts that all start to blend together.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary, Tanya! Looks like a lovely trip! Writing reviews is tough for me. I try to write shorter ones and not stress over what I'm writing. I enjoy the blogging platform and community more than Instagram. I do post on there because I feel that's what publishers want, but I don't see myself switching over to there. Still, if they wanted to charge me $100 a month, like Renee, I wouldn't blog! Blogger works fine enough for me and it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to 25 years and here's to many more! Nine days of R&R sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate. I feel like you can make blogging work for you if it's something your really want to do. I have simplified it over the years and enjoy the posts I put up. I have always reviewed the books I read, even before blogging, so that doesn't wear on me. I even changed my approach there when I felt it was too much of a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you here again! Happy anniversary, it looks like a lovely trip! I have Mind Games coming up to read soon.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! Wow, 25 years - how wonderful! Glad you had a great trip. I find myself struggling to write reviews sometimes, too. Mine have gotten way shorter over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always sad when a favorite blogger decides to stop blogging. But I get it. It's hard to maintain the same enthusiasm in year ten or eleven or twelve that you had in years one and two. I've been contemplating how much longer I want to keep blogging lately, too. I struggle more to write reviews these days, but I would really miss the interactions I have with my blogging friends if I stopped. So I guess I'll be hanging in there awhile longer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Join us and root for the Rangers!
    Happy 25th Anniversary!
    No One Can Know looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Glad you got to go away to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the 25th!! So sad to see some of our blogging friends leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 25!! Your pics are beautiful. Blogging has been a bit of a struggle for me lately, but I've been putting less pressure on myself and only doing what I want to, so that has helped. I was so very sad to see Deanna go, too. <3

    ReplyDelete