The Sunday Post #363 | May 19, 2024

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Happy Sunday, friends. How was your week? Things were busy at the office on my end with meetings and deadlines and I was so ready to see the week come to an end on Friday afternoon. I came home, had a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, and was in bed by 8:45 pm. lol I was wiped out. Of course that also meant that I was wide awake and ready to start my day at 4:30 Saturday morning. Ha!

Last Monday started out in the Mondayest of ways: I was walking into the garage to get into the car and head to the office and managed to break my toe. I shared some choice words, got in the car, and went on my merry way. When I got home that evening The Husband buddy-taped it for me and I've been hobbling around since then. Even though it's a lot less painful than it was, it looks horrible. Ugh.

The Husband was at the commissary (the grocery store on the Navy Base) on Thursday and they were doing some kind of customer appreciation event. He answered a trivia question correctly and won a bag of chocolates and a commissary gift card. Not a bad haul for a random grocery trip! 😀


This week's throwback song is Baker Street (1978) by Gerry Rafferty. It has a very late-70's soft rock vibe and is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

ON THE BLOG


Tuesday, May 14

Friday, May 17


WHAT I READ

   
   

Kindle: The Drawback of Single Dads by Piper Rayne - 4★
Audio: Him by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy - 5★
Kindle: Blitz by Devney Perry - 3-3.5★
Audio: This Could Be Us by Kennedy Ryan - 4.5★

CURRENTLY READING


Kindle: Ravensong (Green Creek #2) by TJ Klune

NEW ADDITIONS


Not a thing.


TOTALLY RANDOM




HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

37 comments

  1. Oh no- so sorry to hear about your toe! Ouch.

    Oh my gosh Gerry Rafferty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor dear! The worst part about broken toes is that there isn't much you can do with rest and wait. Hope it's feeling better. I looked at the title of that song and was clueless. I played it and was singing along. I apparently do not know the titles of any songs from my youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Exactly! Nothing to be done about it except tape it up and let it heal. I'm not surprised you knew the song when you heard it. :)

      Delete
  3. I hope your toe gets better soon! What a thing to start off the week with!

    A great looking grocery haul 😂

    I love that pineapple saying!

    Have a great week next week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/05/19/sunday-post-127/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily - Thanks so much! I hope you have a great week, too!

      Delete
  4. Hope your toe heals fast. Though you now have an excuse to sit with your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch a broken toe! And the worst is there isn't much that can be done so just have to live with it. Sorry that happened. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha - Exactly. One of those things that just has to heal on its own.

      Delete
  6. Urg. What a horrible way to start the week. I broke my big toe falling off my moped as a teenager and even all these years later, I recall the pain with a shudder. I hope the coming week is a better one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falling off a moped sounds a lot more painful than my one broken toe. Ouch!

      Delete
  7. What a great song. I hope this next week is one of your best yet.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is not a fun way to start the week! Ouch! I hope your toe heals quickly! What a nice surprise grocery shopping. Does your husband grocery shop a lot? My husband likes to do it and I mostly don't, so I'm lucky there, lol! Love that random. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - My husband does most of the grocery shopping (well, grocery pick-up). I usually place pick-up orders and he does the pick-up during the week. He's taken over a lot of that since he retired. :)

      Delete
  9. Ouch your toe must have hurt a lot! Also I listened to Raven song three weeks ago and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - Now we both need to find time for Heartsong!

      Delete
  10. Ooo owie!!! A broken toe. What did you jam it up on? At least there is chocolate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer - Chocolate was a wonderful distraction from the broken toe. LOL

      Delete
  11. Oh how ravensong i have loved some of his books and others have not worked out so well for me. Hope you have great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan - I enjoyed Ravensong so much! Not quite as well as Wolfsong, but still a great read.

      Delete
  12. oh I hope your toe heals quickly. That chocolate is Lindt - that's the good stuff.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You sure read a lot of great books this week! Hope you have a good week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you heal quickly! Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Broken toes are no fun! Hope you get some relief soon. We had crazy storms and tornadoes in the area last week, so for the second time in as many months, we're cleaning up debris in the yard. Thankfully this time we didn't have any major damage, especially because we just finished replacing the fence that blew away last month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan - That's scary about those storms! At least there was no damage this time.

      Delete
  16. Be a pineapple.. I like that.
    Hope you have a lighter work week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's awful about your toe. I hope it heals quickly. I'm so glad to see you enjoyed This Could Be Us. That series is just so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! Kennedy Ryan is just an amazingly gifted storyteller.

      Delete
  18. I hope your toe heals quickly! The liquor store that my parents go to does trivia questions for discounts. My dad is pretty good at it because they ask a lot of geography questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj - I would be the world's worst at geography questions!

      Delete
  19. I've had a number of injuries over the years and honestly broken toes are pretty much the most painful. What a fun and tasty giveaway win! I hope you are having a great week and healing quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine - That was my first broken anything and it was a bigger deal that I thought it would be. Glad it wasn't just me! :)

      Delete