Top Ten Tuesday: You Can Quote Me On That | Favorite Book Quotes

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


This Week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
Book Quotes
 
I do a lot of highlighting/annotating when I read Kindle or physical books (a little trickier on audio), so it was easy to find a slew of quotes I have highlighted and saved for one reason or another. While I wouldn't necessarily call these "favorite" quotes, they each struck a chord with me at the time I read them.


Thank God for girlfriends. In this crazy, chaotic, divided world that was run by men, you could count on the women.

- The Women, Kristin Hannah






When women banded together, they could make empires tremble.

- The Lily of Ludgate Hill, Mimi Matthews






A best friend will accept you in all the ways that you are you. They don’t judge you. They expect nothing from you. They don’t care about your looks, how much money you have, or how popular you are. They will laugh with you and cry with you. They will eat all the ice cream with you. They will look you in the eye and tell you you’re an idiot when you’re being an idiot, and you will love them for it. Unconditionally, you will mirror their love and loyalty.

- The Lovely Return, Carian Cole



Sometimes the songs are meant to sing a pack member home. It’s easy to get lost because the world is a wide and scary place. And every now and then, you just have to be reminded of the way home.

- Wolfsong, TJ Klune





My loyalty is to the people who bring positivity into my life. My loyalty is to the people who want to build me up and see me happy. Those are the people I’m going to make decisions about my life for.

- It Starts With Us, Colleen Hoover





I think I’m most grateful for time, which doesn’t always heal all wounds, but teaches us how to be happy again even with our scars.

- Before I Let Go, Kennedy Ryan






You stand resolutely at my side, unmoving. Babe, you are love in suspended motion. The calm in the storm of our lives. You’re where everything stops. You’re where I stop. You are…everything.”

- Pucking Wild, Emily Rath





A body was just a body, just a vessel for her soul, and she was under no obligation to keep her body looking any certain way, no more than she was obliged to do anything just because it was customary, or traditional, or expected of women in America. She didn’t have to get married, she didn’t have to have kids, and she didn’t have to be thin.

- Mrs. Everything, Jennifer Weiner




One of the great injustices of this rigged world we live in is that women are considered to be depleting with age and men are somehow deepening.

- Carrie Soto is Back, Taylor Jenkins Reid






That’s what love is. It’s finding that perfectly imperfect person that complements your heart, that brightens your shadows, that sees your broken, mismatched parts and wants to spend the rest of their life piecing them into place. And even if those pieces never fully fit, they love you anyway. They love you more.

- The Stars Are On Our Side, Jennifer Hartmann



Have you read any of these books?

30 comments

  1. These are some great quotes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quotes.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote from Before I Let Go is so very true!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm horrible remembering quotes. It's a lot easier when I'm reading ont he kindle lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - Kudos to those people who take the time and keep a list of their favorite quotes. I depend on my Kindle and Goodreads. lol

      Delete
  5. Great quotes! The Women is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie - The Women was the first book I read this year and it still my favorite so far!

      Delete
  6. I need to read more of that TJ Klune series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren - I'm reading Ravensong right now and loving it!

      Delete
  7. Great quotes! I've only read Wolfsong but I love that quote so much. Also love that one from Carrie Soto is Back (still on my TBR).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey - Carrie Soto was wonderful! I hope you'll love it if/when you get to it.

      Delete
  8. So many awesome quotes! I love all of these. I can't wait to read The Women. And I just finished reading Carrie Soto is Back. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark - I thought Carrie Soto was excellent. She was not always a sympathetic character but I couldn't help but pull for her.

      Delete
  9. I am with CoHo, and that's a great one from Carrie Soto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - The one from CoHo is one I wish I heeded more in my youth.

      Delete
  10. I love that Carrie Soto quote - so true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I nearly chose that same quote from The Women Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - There were so many quotes to choose from in The Women!

      Delete
  12. I am terrible at keeping up with quotes but I love reading them. I've heard wonderful things about The Women and I've enjoyed what I've read by Mimi Matthews and I love botht he quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine - The Women was such a powerful read. And I'm looking forward to more from Mimi Matthews.

      Delete
  13. I could have sworn I commented on your post already. If I did, just delete this one.

    I really like the top two quotes. They speak to how powerful women are, especially when we band together for good causes.

    Happy TTT (a bit belated)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan - I thought so, too. Those quotes about women resonated with me.

      Delete
  14. I skipped this topic since I don't really pay close attention to quotes. I've read most of these books and love the quotes you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. I tend to do a lot of highlighting/annotating when reading so it wasn't too tricky to find some favorites. :)

      Delete