WWW Wednesday #64 | October 2, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


Does anyone know the significance of this seemeingly random Wednesday? Anyone... anyone? (Bueller... Bueller?) Hockey season starts tonight! *waves my hands in the air like I just don't care* There are  - count 'em - four games tonight but I'll be watching the St. Louis Blues. They're coming off a Stanley Cup win so I'm expecting greatness. :)


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

   

Twice in a Blue Moon - Christina Lauren
Marked in Flesh (The Others #4) - Anne Bishop


It's happening! I'll be starting Twice in a Blue Moon today. *does embarrassing happy dance*. I've actually seen a couple less than stellar reviews but it seems as though those readers never even read the synopsis and just assumed this would be another CLo rom-com. From what I can tell, this is less rom-com and more second-chance romance along the lines of Love and Other Words (coincidentally, my favorite from the writing duo). So to say I have high hopes is a bit of an understatement. 

Now that I've finished Fix Her Up, I'm returning to my re-read (well, re-listen) of The Others series. I'll be starting the fourth book, Marked In Flesh, sometime today and I'm excited to jump back into that world and enjoy more Meg + Simon.


WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
I finished Fireworks last night and was so happy with it from start to finish. Sarina Bowen is 100% dependable and one of my go-to authors. I loved returning to the True North series and the characters I've come to love. And - bonus! - I'm now caught up on the series and that's a good feeling! *high fives myself*

Fix Her Up was a lot of fun and I especially loved main character Georgie. What a ball of sunshine she was! I loved how positive she was, how kind and determined, and how she was willing to work for what she wanted, both personally and professionally. And the narration was excellent. Charlotte North was really impressive and really made Georgie and the other characters come to life.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
     
        
I'm thinking after Twice in a Blue Moon I'll return to the Sea Breeze series. Next up is book #7, Bad For You. Another option is The Bromance Book Club. I've had the arc for ages and it still doesn't release until early November, but I can't put it off any longer. I'm too excited for this one to wait! 

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

36 comments

  1. Twice in a Blue Moon looks so good! I'm excited to be able to get to that (hopefully) soon. Looks like you've got some great books lined up to read next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for Twice in a Blue Moon. I'm a sucker for a second chance romance. :)

      Delete
  2. You have me wanting to check out The Others series. Enjoy Twice in a Blue Moon!! I'm hoping to read The Bromance Book Club soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very rarely read any kind of fantasy, but The Others series is one I took a chance on and it paid off big time! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh god I love that cover for the Bromance Book Club! Shirtless guy on the cover and sticky notes LOL Have fun Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the cutest cover? I'm betting that I'll be buying myself a physical copy once it's released. :)

      Delete
  4. I have been needing to read the Others Series for so long... I read the first book a year or so ago, loved it and then never got around to book 2. So I'm a little jealous that you're on a reread!!

    I've only read 1 Christina Lauren book and it was okay for me. I hope you enjoy it, despite the reviews. Sounds like your expectations are on track when those reviews weren't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally continue on with The Others series! The books just get better and better. I just love those characters!

      Delete
  5. I just started The Bromance Book Club and it is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina Lauren... A writing duo I forever want to read but never prioritise doing so. Sigh.

    The Bromance Bookclub gets a lot of love. I'm curious as to what you think when you get to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days you're going to read something by Christina Lauren... I just know it. :)

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to read Fix Her Up too Tanya, the romance books being published this year are incredible, there's really something that everyone can enjoy. I'm in a bit of a reading funk at the moment but hoping to read my way out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! There have been so many great releases this year... lucky us! :) I hope that reading funk goes away fast!

      Delete
  8. Ok - I hate to be dramatic, but I am practically DYING to read The Bromance Book Club. LOL It's one of my most anticipated reads of the year.

    I really want to re-read The Others series, as well. I love it so much, especially via audio. I STILL need to read most of the books in the True North series. I'm such a terrible SB fan. LOL

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead and be dramatic... I'm feeling it, too. :)

      The audio versions of The Others books are just perfection. Alexandra Harris's voices for each character are so spot-on.

      Delete
  9. Bad for You's one of my favorites from that series despite the mess *hides*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it in all its messy, crazy glory. LOL I think Krit is going to be an interesting character to learn more about.

      Delete
  10. I'm starting Once in a Blue Moon soon, so I can't wait to see what you think! Fix Her Up is one I've been dying to read, so hopefully I'll have a chance soon. :)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started Twice in a Blue Moon last night but didn't get far since my mom came over for dinner and then the first hockey game of the season was on. Priorities. LOL

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you liked Fix Her Up - I barely finished it myself. I also have had The Bromance Book Club forever and plan on reading it after I finish Get a Life, Chloe Brown.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up enjoying Fix Her Up but honestly that was almost 100% due to Georgie. Loved her. I warmed to Travis a little more but there was just something that kept me from being totally on board with him. I'm glad you're enjoying Chloe Brown so far! :)

      Delete
  12. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Twice in a Blue Moon. I'm hoping to start that one next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've barely had time (or made time, I guess) to read since starting Twice in a Blue Moon so I'm only 14% in. Still, I'm enjoying what I've read so far!

      Delete
  13. I can't wait to see what you think of Twice in a Blue Moon! That's one I've had my eye on for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had the time to re-read books. I used to do it all the time. But there are so many new books that tempt me every time. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very rarely re-read (there are too many books I want to read to spend a lot of time re-reading) but sometimes I love revisiting old favorites. Especially if I can do my re-read on audio!

      Delete
  15. Wow! You have so many good books going on here. I loved The Bromance Book Club. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes!!! I told you Georgie was amazing. She really was the heart and soul of that book, though I like the women's group too, and am excited to continue the series. I read Twice in a Blue Moon last week, and you are correct. Less rom-com, more drama, but I enjoyed it. I loved seeing these two fall in love the first time and working through the mess over a decade later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgie was an absolute gem but her family... ugh. I know her sister did come around but she was still like a bulldozer. LOL And her brother. I disliked him from start to finish. I mean, serious dislike. If he and his wife get a book, I will not be reading it. Can you tell I have strong feelings about him? LOL

      Delete
  17. I haven't gotten to Twice in a Blue Moon yet but have really liked so many Christina Lauren books! It's on my list! I'm REALLY excited for bromance book club esp bc I've heard a lot of great things! I loved Sarina Bowen's Him and honestly don't even know why I haven't read more of her books yet! I OWN a lot of them, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read any of Christina Lauren's earlier books but I've loved the 405 that I have read. They're so great at relationships. Him (and Us) is one of my all-time favorites! So much love for Jamie and Wes! :)

      Delete
  18. I loved Fireworks! I have read most of the series but do still have a few towards the beginning to fill in. Bowen is amazing! I have had my eyes on The Bromance Book Club so I will be looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarina Bowen is so wonderful. She never ever disappoints. Fireworks wasn't my favorite from the series but I still enjoyed it so much.

      Delete