That's What He Said Thursday #15


That's What He Said Thursday is a weekly meme created 
and hosted bChapter Break. It's a fun way to share a quote 
from a favorite book boyfriend (aka male protagonist) to his girl.
For more info, visit Chapter Break here.

Ann Aguirre is probably best known for her sci-fi/dystopian YA novels, but it was her new adult trilogy that introduced me to her writing. While there may be nothing ground-breakingly original about her NA plots, I still enjoyed the entire series so much. The first book, I Want It That Way, remains my favorite. Ty was a character that I really fell for - a hard-working single dad, determined to always put his son first. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Ty to Nadia.


"God. This face. You show me everything. 
I hope you don't play poker. They'd rob you blind."


"I'm going to be straight with you... because this dance is killing me. 
Don't imagine for a second that I don't want you."


"You always look so damn happy to see me," he said, low. "And it's like a fist in my gut, every time. I wait for it not to happen, for you to get used to me, or maybe you're tired or you had a bad day, so you're in no mood to shine, but no. There's always that smile."


"That face. How can I live without this face?"




Do you participate in That's What He Said Thursday? 
Or just have a favorite quote you want to share? 
Leave a comment and tell me about it. :)


No comments