The Sunday Post #127


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:

So my streak of getting back on track and posting my Sunday Post on Sunday lasted exactly one week. What can I say... the day got away from me. *shrugs* Let's blame the time change, shall we? It's as good as any other excuse. And sounds way better than I took a 2 hour nap and was sluggish the rest of the day. LOL

The weather here on Saturday was *so gorgeous.* A perfect Florida fall day - 68 degrees, sunny and breezy. It felt great to be out running errands (including early voting) on a day like that. Yesterday warmed back up but I had a great time at my monthly "girls breakfast" with my mom and sisters. We started chatting about menu ideas for Thanksgiving and it got me excited for the upcoming holiday. It's such a great day spent with family. And it's less than three weeks away! :)

For those in the U.S., I hope you'll head out tomorrow and vote. It's so important to make your voice heard. If you need information on where your polling location is, or what will be on your ballot, Get to the Polls is a great place to start. All you need to do is enter your address.

How was your weekend? Are you already making plans for Thanksgiving (if you're in the U.S.)?
   


Tuesday, October 30
Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Halloween Costumes

Wednesday, October 31
WWW Wednesday #29

Thursday, November 1


WHAT I FINISHED IN THE LAST WEEK:
    
So good. I might have enjoyed this one even more than the first. I loved Sophie and felt for the position she was in with her dysfunctional family. And Jude... my heart broke for him again and again as he tried so hard to right wrongs and start fresh.

Misbehaved - Charleigh Rose
A very middle-of-the road "forbidden" romance. There was a lot of back and forth, a lot of angst and drama and it started to feel a bit like a not very well done Lifetime movie after a while.

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING: 
Debbie Tung
I only started it this morning but already I've been nodding my head in total appreciation. And thinking, "this is so me."

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet #1) - Aly Martinez
I'm about 50% through this one and the jury is still out. Loads of drama, and some of the dialogue has induced much eye-rolling. Hopefully I'll get over it and start to feel invested in these characters.

PHYSICAL COPIES:

    

Yes, I just read an ARC but I always get physical copies of JLA books.
This was one of my very few 5 star reads this year. I *loved* this post-apocalyptic dystopian tale and knew I wanted a physical copy.
I really need to read the final book in the Wicked trilogy so I can jump into this one and learn more about the prince.
    

Makes sense to me... :)




How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
I'd love to hear about it!

14 comments

  1. I love that you have monthly "girls breakfasts" with your mom and sisters. That sounds like so much fun.

    Also love and totally relate to your "fitness" random, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve been doing our monthly breakfast for a couple years now and I always look forward to it. :)

      Delete
  2. Your current read is one that I really want to check out! hah, love the fitness "random" post - so so true. Also - lying in bed and holding a book. Works your arms. ;)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started and finished the graphic novel yesterday and is was sooo relatable!

      Yes! Lying in bed and holding a book up is a total workout. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the cover of The Darkest Star!! I can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already posted my review for The Darkest Star on Oct 26. Spoiler alert: I loved it! :)

      Delete
  4. Early voting is an actual blessing; I voted a week ago and I'm so happy it's over. I'm already stressing about tomorrow though!

    I'm so ready for Thanksgiving; I'm hosting Friendsgiving next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I’m so glad I went on Saturdayso I don’t have to brave the crowds and long lines today. Love that you’re doing a Friendsgiving! I seem to remember you doing that last year, too?

      Delete
  5. Both book 1 an d2 of True North were 5-star reads for me, but the emotional impact was really different, so I couldn't say if one was better than the other for me. I AM glad you are enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first one - Griff and Audrey so obviously belonged together. But Jude and Sophie’s story really packed a bigger emotional punch for me. Oh my goodness, my heart just ached for Jude and what he’d been through and how hard he was trying. I’m about 25% into book #3 now and I’m already loving Zach and Lark.

      Delete
  6. Time change is always a good excuse for things ;-) I've just given up and started doing Sunday Post every four weeks instead of every week, if that makes you feel any better lol. Glad you've had nice weather and time with family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, perfect work-around. Surely I could make it on time if it was a monthly thing. But then knowing me if it was only once a month I’d totally forget about it and not remember until days later. And then it’d be a Thursday post. LOL Nah, better stick with the current semi-working plan. :)

      Delete
  7. Gosh, I still think it's too early for Thanksgiving. LOL. We're not going to cook much, with the move and everything. My holidays are non existent this year as well.

    The weather is nice here (temperature wise), but it would be better without the rain.

    Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s crazy to think Thanksgiving is just two weeks from today!
      There’s no way I could host Thanksgiving (or even do much) had we just moved in. As it is, we’ve been in the new house for barely two months and are finally feeling settled. It takes a while!

      Delete