WWW Wednesday #32 | November 28, 2018


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.

So tell me if this ever happens to you: Last night I was browsing through my Kindle for a new book to read. Page after page, book after book... and nothing appealed to me. So I wandered into the library and started perusing all the book on my shelves. And still, nothing was piquing my interest. Young adult? No. Paranormal? Nah. Sci-fi, mystery, historical? Nope. Not even a romance... seriously? By then I was all pouty that I couldn't find a book I wanted to read and I called it a night. 

Do you ever decide that nothing looks or sounds interesting? Not even your favorite genre? Normally I would say that meant I was a bit slumpy and needed a break. But no, I really wanted something to read. Thankfully by this morning one by Taylor Jenkins Reid jumped out at me as I was browsing Overdrive. Crisis averted!
WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
     
Forever, Interrupted - Taylor Jenkins Reid
Taylor Jenkins Reid hasn't disappointed me yet so my fingers are crossed that this one is another hit! 

The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet #2) - Aly Martinez

As ridiculous and over the top as the first book was, I just had to know how it was going to end. So here I am listening to the second book in the duet. I think it's safe to say that the writing just isn't for me (sorry Aly Martinez) but I'm actually having fun listening to all the crazy drama, the mile-wide plot holes and doing much eye rolling. LOL

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
Bountiful (True North #4) - Sarina Bowen
My love affair with Sarina Bowen continues! And this True North series is just so good. I loved Zara and Dave's story and enjoyed the inclusion of Grif and Audrey and even a little snippet with Zach. But I sure missed Sophie and Jude. :(

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
     
I'm on a total Sarina Bowen roll so continuing on with the True North series (with Speakeasy) is a strong possibility. And The One You Fight For is also on my list since I have an arc and the release date is just a month away.

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

10 comments

  1. So glad to hear the love affair with Bowen continues! Tough choice with what to read next. I am doing a read of book 2 and 3 of the Roni Loren series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I still have so much of Bowen's backlist to read. *claps and cheers*

      I loved the first two books in that series from Loren. I'd never even heard of her before!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Taylor Jenkins Reid!! I also hope the One You Fight For is good. It looks really emotional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find to start the TJR book until about 8:00 last night. Even so, I read almost 50 pages before bed... which I *never* do. (I'm not a particularly fast reader nor do I tend to read large chunks at a time.) So, suffice it to say, I'm loving it so far! :)

      Delete
  3. I hate when nothing appeals to me. I still need to read that TJR book. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. That *never* happens to me. LOL Of course it happens! And it's really sad considering the number of books I have to choose from. ;) I'm so happy your crisis was averted with some Jenkins Reid though.
    I love that you're loving Bowen so much. I really want to go on a binge of her soon. Currently, I'm reading The Dirty Ones - an ARC from JA Huss. I have had to read ARCs this week...because I'm a procrastinator. LOL But I hope to binge once I'm finished with this one and the 2 others on my shelf. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm just feeling a little burned out in general (not just with reading) and that's why nothing is really catching my interest. I haven't read anything at all in almost a week. *sigh*

      I have so much love for Sarina Bowen. From the Him duet, to the WAGs series, to the True North series... she just doesn't disappoint. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm in that place now! I WANT to read but nothing is jumping out at me. It's so annoying. I blame the lurgy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm late in replying so hopefully you're long past that now! :)

      Delete