The Sunday Post #129


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:


It's been a busy week but a good one. At work we're gearing up for our biggest trade show of the year which takes place the week after Thanksgiving. With next week being a short week, that means this week was plenty hectic with preparations. Yesterday The Husband was in St. Petersburg for a car show (and won Best in Show in his class) while I ran a bunch of errands and had an impromptu hair appointment (I called on a whim and my stylist had a last minute opening - score!). Today I'll be headed to the grocery store with a long list for the Thanksgiving menu. I plan to be there when they open the doors because I just know it's going to be packed today. (Crowds... ugh!) 

BookBub had a fun article this week on 10 Binge-Worthy Books to Read Over Thanksgiving Break. So whether you have some time off, of will be spending hours in a car or plane traveling to your turkey day destination, you can check out their picks.

I've been having way too much fun watching these 5 Seconds Rule clips from Ellen's show. :)




Tuesday, November 13
Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Merchandise

Wednesday, November 14
WWW Wednesday #31

Friday, November 16


WHAT I READ IN THE LAST WEEK:

    

I DNF'd this at 190 pages. You can find out why in my ranty review.

What He Doesn't Know (What He Doesn't Know #1) *audiobook* - Kandi Steiner
This was my first by Kandi Steiner and she definitely has a way of telling an emotional story that pulls you in.

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING: 
The Sarina Bowen binge continues! 

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
What He Always Knew (What He Doesn't Know Duet #2) - Kandi Steiner
I've gotta see how this ends. The first book ended with not one but two twists. Gah!

KINDLE:
    
    





How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
I'd love to hear about it!

29 comments

  1. Ha!! I love your elf message! We don't do Thanksgiving in the Uk, but for me Christmas shouldn't start until December at least. It used to be the last day of the school term because Mum had our Xmas tree up in her classroom. She'd have to take it all down from school, then drive home (exhausted, obviously) to be nagged to put it all up again by two hyper little girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I so agree, Stephanie. December 1st - go to it. Go crazy with Christmas everything. But before that? Noooo! LOL

      Your poor mom... she was probably so over Christmas and decorating by that point. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the cover of Bring Down The Stars!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your random is fantastic!! Yay for your hubby's win. Yeah the food store will be nuts today I am sure. Good luck! Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the grocery store was madness. I wanted out of there about 10 minutes after I walked in. LOL

      Delete
  4. The cover of Bring Down the Stars is so pretty. *.* Congrats on your husband's win. Good luck on your shopping trip. I hate crowds so much...

    Happy readings!;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania! I try to avoid crowds at all costs but there was no way around it yesterday. :( I wanted out of that store so bad!

      Delete
  5. Bwahahaha Tanya thanks for sharing these 5 seconds I had a blast! Now enjoy your copy of Bring Down the Stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of fell into a YouTube whole of watching those 5 Seconds videos. LOL There's an hour of my life I'll never get back. :) Excited for the Emma Scott book!

      Delete
  6. That's a cozy reading spot! Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Car shows sound fascinating, I've never been to one.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely go to them myself (I don't want to sit around a car show for 6 hours or so LOL) but Robert enters them often - both locally and out of town. Even out of state sometimes. He's definitely a "car guy." :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations to the hubs! That's awesome! I have seen glowing reviews for Bring Down the Stars. It's definitely on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to be in the right mood for Bring Down the Stars. Her books always seem to be totally emotional tearjerkers.

      Delete
  9. Aw, I don't mind Christmas starting early. Granted, I don't like Thanksgiving either. LOL I do hope to get some reading in while I'm off though. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't like Thanksgiving? Ack! :) I always enjoy the planning and preparation and get-togethers.

      Delete
  10. Wow! You sure had a busy week! Great haul you have!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't shopping for Thanksgiving fun? Haha kidding. But the eating part is anyway. :) And congrats to your husband on his win- that's pretty awesome!

    I hope birthday Girl and Bring Down The Stars are good. And have an excellent Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, the eating part is a lot more fun than the shopping part. :)

      Delete
  12. I'll have to go read your Epic ranty review. I ended up liking it but it sure was on the angsty side of YA. lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kinda wanted Ollie to move back to Santa Fe and then just have the book be his story there. To heck with Nate and Flo! LOL

      Delete
  13. Hope you survived the grocery store. I dropped my kids off at school yesterday and hit the mall before it opened to get a deal. Then I did all the errands. I was running errands for over three and a half hours. Glad I got it done so we are now holed up and relaxing for the rest of the week. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over three hours of errands... ugh. But at least you got it all done. And now being able to kick back and relax for the rest of the week makes it all worth it. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  14. Congrats to your husband for winning his category for the car show! Seems like a fun event!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete