Top Ten Tuesday: I'd Follow You Anywhere

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic: 
Characters I'd Follow on Social Media

Do you ever read about a certain character and just wish they were real? Out there somewhere? (Come on, it's not just me, right? Right??) And you know you would totally stalk them on social media if they were real.


What's fun is that Krista & Becca Ritchie (twin writing duo of one of my favorite series - Addicted/Calloway series) have Twitter accounts for a couple of their characters. There are several accounts for characters that are run by fans, but Krista and Becca actually run the accounts for a couple of the main characters (Lily and Connor, and possibly one or two others). 

And now for the characters I would definitely follow on social media.


    

Blake Riley (Good Boy and Him duet - Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy) - I'd love to see whatever randomness Blake shared on Twitter. Including his rants against sheep.
Jude & Cardan (The Folk of the Air trilogy - Holly Black) - I can just see Cardan sending rude and/or vaguely puzzling gifs to Jude.
Connor Cobalt (Addicted/Calloway series - Krista & Becca Ritchie) - Connor's brilliance and his scathing commentary would make for some interesting tweets. He could shut anyone down in 140 characters.
Daisy Jones (Daisy Jones & The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid) - It's hard to imagine that Daisy would even bother with social media (she'd likely be completely oblivious to it), but even so, I'd love to see what she chose to share.
Simon & Blue (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli) - Between adorable tweets and pics of the happy couple it would be cuteness overload.

    

Daemon & Luc (Lux series and Origin series - Jennifer L. Armentrout) - Both Daemon and Luc are incredibly cocky and think quite highly of themselves. I'd love to see what they chose to share.
Lainey (Getting Played - Emma Chase) - Lainey would have awesome home decor and DIY projects on Instagram.
Heidi (Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words - Tara Sivec & Andi Arndt) - There's no telling what kind of hilarious awkwardness would come from Heidi. 
Meredith (Awakening Autumn - Lora Richardson) - Meredith would probably share her artwork on Instagram (after being not-so-gently nudged by Greta and Owen).
August (Wonder - R.J. Palacio) - Because who doesn't need the reminder to be kinder than necessary?


Who would you follow on social media?


42 comments

  1. Great list! Cardan made my list this week, too. I haven't read Daisy Jones & The Six yet but I already know I would definitely follow Daisy on social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think whenever Daisy could be bothered to post it would be something enigmatic and random. :)

      Delete
  2. Auggie was such a doll. So, yes! I would love for him to deliver a daily message to me. I forgot all about the sheep rants. He would be fantastic on social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blake would totally make me follow Twitter more closely. LOL His tweets would be epic. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, Daisy Jones is a good pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be fun to befriend these characters on social media?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to Connor, Daemon and Luc!!! I'd love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha now that you mention it I can definitely see Cardan sending snarky weird gifs to Jude 🤣That would be hilarious and I'd 100% follow them to stalk their interactions! Daisy would be an interesting character to follow but I think I'd also like to follow Karen! She was a great character :) I don't know who this Blake Riley character is but I'd join in his rants against sheep! Lol great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Blake Riley was a side character in Us by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy and then got him own book with Good Boy. He's such a great character. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm with you on SO MANY of these choices! Jude & Cardan bantering on Twitter would be awesome to see haha.

    My TTT, if you're interested :) https://thewordyhabitat.wordpress.com/2020/02/25/the-last-ten-books-that-gave-me-a-book-hangover/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daemon & Luc for sure! I chose Roth. LOL! And yes! I'd love to see Meredith's artwork. That would be awesome. I love that Krista & Becca have some twitter accounts for some of their characters. That sounds like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roth would be awesome. He's so full of himself (rightly so LOL) and that always leads to fun banter. :)

      Delete
  9. I had Blake and Daisy Jones, too! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blake would be so awesome. He might even make me be on social media more. LOL

      Delete
  10. I'd love to follow Simon and Blue.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jude and Cardan would be absolutely fabulous to follow, but mostly just to watch them interact with each other and trying to decide where they stand. They'd just be sending passive aggressive GIFs and throwing shade, and I would live for the drama.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, Jude and Cardan would be so fun to follow Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list you have here Tanya! Yes, to Daemon and Luc. There social media posts would be hilarious, sarcastic, and fun. I agree with Lainey's DIY posts. I loved reading about her DIY post projects in Getting Played. I can also see why you chose Jude and Cardin. The way these two interact and play off of each other would be entertaining and hilarious!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daemon and Luc would be priceless. JLA has shared some texts from Daemon and Luc before (usually around the release of a book) and they are so, so funny.

      Delete
  14. I totally agree that Daisy Jones probably wouldn't use social media, but she would definitely be fun to follow! Artsy pics, potential song lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I think that's just what she would be posting

      Delete
  15. I really need to read Good Boy! I loved Blake in Us and would totally follow him. Heidi would be a hoot! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you definitely need to read Good Boy, Carole. A whole book of Blake awesomeness. :)

      Delete
  16. Fun list! I should have put Daisy on mine too. I could see her being pretty good at Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, Suzanne. Lots of artsy, random photos. :)

      Delete
  17. Queen of Nothing is on my read list for sure. Also, Daisy Jones and the Six-I hear such great things about that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy Jones was excellent - and it's not even my favorite by TJR.

      Delete
  18. I think fictional character Twitter accounts would be so awesome! I haven't read Daisy yet but yeah- that seems like it'd be a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy Jones was so well done... I kept forgetting it was a fictional band.

      Delete
  19. I used to love seeing character Twitter accounts around but after a while fans typically stop updating them when the series isn't as popular anymore. I have so many of these on my TBR and have just realised that I'm not even following you on Instagram myself! Just rectified it. Great list Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Kelly. Often the accounts would die out after the hype of the book passed.

      Delete
  20. I'm reading Wonder now, and I can definitely see August as a good character to follow. I think I would have chosen to follow Billy Dunne or Camila... maybe Warren, I loved his character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope you loved Wonder.
      I loved the band members in The Six.

      Delete
  21. I would definitely follow Blake and Simon and Blue!

    I would also follow #PepperJack from Tweet Cute. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually re-listening to Simon Vs. right now and it's giving me all the Simon + Blue feels. ♥

      Delete
  22. I'd love to follow Becky Bloomwood and Mr. Darcy.
    I love this topic.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I genuinely have no idea as to who I'd follow on social media... But Luc and Daemon would be fun.

    ReplyDelete