WWW Wednesday #78 | February 26, 2020


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


Day 2 of cloudy, overcast and rainy and I couldn't be happier. I love this kind of weather! It'd be even better if it was cooler (it's around 70 degrees) but I'll take what I can get. What's it like where you are today?

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

    


 It's been a busy week and I haven't (or made) a lot of time for reading so I'm not very far into Regretting You. Even so, I've already settled into the lives of these characters. I feel like I have a sense of where things are going to go, but Colleen Hoover is a master at throwing in unexpected turns so who knows. 
Current progress: page 56/354

After the emotional rollercoaster of Grip, I'm finally ready for Still, the conclusion of Grip and Bristol's story. This is a long one (over 13 hours on audio) and I've just barely started, but it feels good to be back with these characters that I now and love.
Current progress: 6%

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

Malice was a simple case of right book, wrong reader. I can see why people like it but it just wasn't for me. On the flipside, The Dark Light of Day was exactly what I was looking for. I was in the mood for something dark and a little twisted and T. M. Frazier delivered. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?

 


Next up will probably be The Honey-Don't List since it releases in a couple weeks and I need to get on the ball with it.

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

30 comments

  1. I know some people haven't liked The Honey-Don't List as much as some of her others, but I really loved it. I hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've purposely avoided reviews of The Honey-Don't List. I'm always wary of tainting my reading experience or influencing my thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I might check out that Ryan series. I did love Long Shot.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long Shot was phenomenal. It became an instant favorite. The Grip series is great, too. I was frustrated through much of the first book but the second book was excellent.

      Delete
  3. That is a pretty long audiobook for a contemporary. I remember starting some fantasy book, maybe a Shadowhunters book, and it came in at like 24 hours. It sort of scared me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Kennedy Ryan's audio books tend to be looong ones. More to enjoy. :)

      Delete
  4. I have a lot of Colleen Hoover books staring me in the face, but I'll probably start The Other Windsor Girl tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested to see what you think of The Other Windsor Girl. I've seen mixed reviews.

      Delete
  5. Your temps went down and ours went up! We're in the 80s now. :/ Hope you love Regretting you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now we're in the 80's, too. LOL
      And I loved Regretting You!

      Delete
  6. I swear I'm going to read something by Christina Lauren and Colleen Hoover this year. I own one book by Christina Lauren, so I guess I'm one step closer, right? LOL

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several authors like that, Lauren... ones that I'm determined to finally try this year.

      Delete
  7. I've never read anything by Colleen Hoover so Regretting You has been top of my TBR for the longest time :) These all look fantastic!

    Happy reading!
    Megan | Ginger Mom & Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen Hoover is one of my top favorites so any new release from her makes me celebrate. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm slowly making my way through The Honey Don't List and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear it! I feel like I haven't been hearing much advance feedback on this one yet so I'm excited to know you're liking it.

      Delete
  9. Hope you enjoy The Honey-Don't List! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only 20% or so into but so far I'm totally enjoying it.

      Delete
  10. Well let's see... it's in the 20's here today with little flurrying snow bursts so ... I'll take some 70's haha!

    Malice... yeah I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known better with Malice. It totally wasn't my thing but I felt obligated to read it.

      Delete
  11. The Honey Don't List is coming up soon for me as well. Hopefully we'll both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Regretting You and Still both sound promising, and I. can't wait to see what you end up thinking of The Honey Don't List. I'm currently reading a book that I'm struggling with, so I keep putting it down. Hopefully it will get better. I might start reading The Rich Boy by Kylie Scott, because I'm really excited for that one!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-oh, sorry to hear you're struggling with your current read. Hopefully it picked up - or you decided to just set it aside and move on to something better. :)

      Delete
  13. I'm really tired of rain now... It's been near constant here. :(

    Regretting You sounds so good but I'm too nervous to read it. Colleen Hoover packs too much of an emotional punch, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regretting You was definitely emotional at times but never overly so. I really loved it.

      Delete
  14. I am so happy that you loved The Dark Light of day too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Regretting You and hope you do as well. Too bad that Malice wasn't for you. I have had a few books that I really wanted to love just not work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Regretting You was phenomenal, Carole. Totally loved it!

      Delete