WWW Wednesday #75 | February 5, 2020


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


We had a very brief - and mild - blast of winter last week and now Florida seems to think it's springtime. It's going to be 80 degrees today. I demand some winter weather! *stomps off in a snit* What's it like where you are today?


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

     

 I'm not far into Great and Precious Things but I'm already getting a feel for how weighty this one is going to be. Main character Camden is being crushed by a weight of grief and guilt. He's come home to the small Colorado town he swore he would never return to - and it hasn't exactly been a happy homecoming. It seems there are some complicated relationships and I'm interested earns the how's and why's and see where this goes.
Current progress: 12%

I read my first by Corinne Michaels on audio last month and absolutely loved it. So I decided to dive right into another one. Come Back for Me is her most recent release (I think) and, as with the one I read last month (We Own Tonight), it's narrated by Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber. Those two are like narration gold and I love the way they bring characters to life. This is a second-chance romance and the female main character has been through an abusive marriage so this isn't exactly light and fluffy. I love the two main characters (and Ellie's seven year old daughter) and I'm invested in their story.
Current progress: 65%

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
I finally read the long-awaited finale to The Folk of the Air trilogy and I practically inhaled it. While The Queen of Nothing didn't quite have the intrigue and tension of the two previous books I still loved it. Jude, Cardan, more scheming, surprising alliances... I was totally there for it. Review is coming soon.

Birthday Girl is one that had been on my TBR for a long time. Over time I had built it up to be a guaranteed five star read and my expectations were sky high. It didn't end up being a five star book for me but I still really enjoyed it and I will definitely read more from Penelope Douglas. 


WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?

    


As I mentioned in my Sunday Post, I received a PR package for Malice even though I didn't request it. It's not something I ever would have picked up on my own but I've gotta say the synopsis is super intriguing. And Shannon raves about it. So I might just give it a try. 

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

29 comments

  1. Temps just dropped back down here in Louisiana, so maybe some colder weather will head your way, too. Glad you're getting to discover Corinne Michaels. I need to catch up on her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, send it my way, Alison! :) It's so exciting to discover a new author. I'm hooked on Corinne Michaels now!

      Delete
    2. That's how I'm feeling about Meghan March right now after finishing Beneath This Mask. I'm ready to devour all her books!

      Delete
  2. I didn't think Birthday Girl was a 5 star read, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to influence you. Sorry it didn't turn out to be one for you either. Hopefully Yarros' book will treat you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had really built Birthday Girl up in my head for some reason. It was definitely a 4 star read for me... but not five.

      Delete
  3. Holly Black and Colleen Hoover have been on my TBR for quite awhile. I really hope you enjoy your next-up reads!

    Happy reading :)
    Megan | Ginger Mom & Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy those authors when you get a chance to try them, Megan!

      Delete
  4. I thought I already commented on this post the other day but you just posted it so...I think my brain is finally breaking lol

    I didn't love TQoN but I liked it.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Well, I was talking about TQoN a few days ago in my Sunday Post so maybe that's what it seemed familiar. Let's go with that. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I have a few Michael's books, and you are motivating me to give them a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are working for me, Sam. I want to inhale everything she's written!

      Delete
  6. I have been seeing Malice everywhere and I think it looks good. I will be eager to read your review. I do plan to read Great and Precious Things and want to try Corinne Michaels. I wish I had more reading time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Carole! That pesky thing called a job keeps getting in the way. :)

      Delete
  7. It's in the 30's here- barely! i'll trade ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take it, Greg! (Well, for a few days and then I'd be certain I was freezing. lol)

      Delete
  8. We are supposed to get a lot of rain for the next couple days, so that's kind of yucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rainy days. I'm a happy girl when I get an overcast, rainy, gloomy day. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm in a similar boat as you weather wise. Texas can't seem to make up its mind! Freezing temps this morning with light flurries of snow expected. And we should be back in the high 80's this weekend lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read the Holly Black series!! I'll have to check to see if my library has the audiobooks.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The audio versions are really great! The narrator does a fantastic job with all the voices.

      Delete
  11. I am so happy you loved The Queen of Nothing Tanya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved The Folk of Air Trilogy, and enjoyed Birthday Girl too :) Congrats on the Malice package! It sounds like an interesting read, and I hope you end up enjoying it. I want to read Regretting You, but don't have the time yet. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Queen of Nothing. I have really high hopes for it, hopefully not too high, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the cover for Malice!

    Corinne Michaels is an author I read a while ago after hearing so many good things but I've now put her in my not for me pile. I read the Consolation duet and that was an emotional roller coaster from hell... I enjoyed it but it was rough. Then I read Say You Want Me and that was one that took forever to get into and was another heavy read. I assume emotional roller-coasters and heavier reads are her style and while I'm not opposed to either of those I just can't handle every book being that way. (Although three isn't the largest sample! lol) I'm glad you're enjoying her books though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've completed two by Corinne now and I definitely get the feeling that she writes emotional stories. But the two I've read haven't felt overly heavy or angsty. That's completely subjective, though, of course. :) It's always exciting to discover a new author.

      Delete