The Sunday Post #147


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:

  • I cooked dinner at home 4 nights this week and that might be a record. I'm feeling pretty smug. And will celebrate by going out to eat. ;)
  • Old Navy had quite the sale last week (40% off everything) and I loaded up on active wear. Their compression leggings are fabulous and the performance tees feel divine. It was my first experience with Old Navy and I'm sold.
  • I didn't need another book sleeve but I absolutely could not pass this one up. It's even prettier in person.
  • I've been mildly bummed and extremely envious all weekend seeing all the pics from ApollyCon on Instagram. I haven't been to ApollyCon since 2016 and miss it! 
  • Girl Plus Books turned 4 this week and I'm celebrating with a giveaway. Be sure to check that out (link is below)!


Tuesday, March 19
Top Ten Tuesday: Spring 2019 TBR

Wednesday, March 20
WWW Wednesday #45

Thursday, March 21
Review: Daisy Jones & The Six

Friday, March 22
Giveaway: Girl Plus Books Turns 4!



WHAT I READ IN THE LAST WEEK:

  
Simply amazing. TJR has done it again and this will certainly be one of my favorites of 2019.
An enjoyable enough read but nothing memorable. Had a lot of Fitfy Shades similarities which induced much eye rolling.
Another totally entertaining read from Crownover. I really love this ever-widening group of characters she has created.


WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING: 

    
The Girl He Used to Know - Tracey Garvis Graves
I am so in love with these characters and their story. Do you ever come across those rare stories that are so perfectly "you"? This is one of those for me.

Continuing to make my way through the audio versions of the Saints of Denver series. Between Marked Men and now Saints of Denver, this is the first time I remember the story moving outside of Denver (other than a brief trip in Rowdy's story). Dixie is a ray of sunshine and I'm enjoying learning more about the mysterious Church.


KINDLE BOOKS: 
    
Giana Darling
Not a big fan of these covers but one of my favorite Booktubers, Jess @ Peace Love Books, loves this series and recommends them so highly that I decided to give them a try.






How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
I'd love to hear about it!

32 comments

  1. Enjoy your dinner out! I have The Girl He Used to Know and have heard mixed things about it so I'm happy to hear you loved it. Happy blogoversary, Tanya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few reviews of The Girl He Used to Know that took issue with a few things, but it was such a hit for me!

      Delete
  2. Tanya I borrowed your "Go big ..." to post on the FB Group because it's too funny!!!! Now that book sleeve is something! Happy blogoversary you are a big girl now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love that one. :) And yes, I'm a big 4 year old now. LOL

      Delete
  3. You made me giggle. It is just my hubby and I and after the Royals get picked up at 5:30 I am not in the mood to cook. So any chance to go out is welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Husband and I used to eat out about 5X a week so I figure anything is an improvement. LOL

      Delete
  4. I never pay attention to sales and I really should! I always miss the best ones! I hope you enjoy your new reads! I still need to check out Daisy Jones & the Six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very rare I do any clothes shopping but a couple times I year I have little sprees. :)

      Delete
  5. Dixie is one of my all time favorite book heroines!! I loved her!!!
    And that go big meme is my sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Dixie, too! And boy did Church ever fight that relationship till the very end. LOL But the big man fell hard. <3

      Delete
  6. I have cooked dinner zero nights in a row, so you are a star in my world. I don't do physical books, but that is a very beautiful book sleeve. SQUEEE! We are both reading the same book right now. I am really enjoying it. I like the dual timeline and the way Graves is navigating it. I am eager to get further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zero nights in a row... I love that. :) We used to eat out practically every night. I cook a little more at home now but I still don't get bothered if we decided on a whim to go out. I figure I don't have expensive hobbies or an expensive lifestyle so why not. :)

      Delete
  7. I love that you celebrated cooking all week to go out to eat. Sounds like something my husband and I would do. LOL.

    I don't really use book sleeves but that one sure is cute! Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it makes sense to me. LOL
      I tend to use book sleeves if I'm leaving the house with a physical book. Gotta keep 'em pretty! :)

      Delete
  8. "celebrate by going out to eat" Well done, I say. :)

    I haven't heard of ApollyCon but I love a good bookish convention. And I love that Totally Random. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I can rationalize dining out like nobody's business. LOL

      Delete
  9. There is a 6-month hold period for Daisy at my library and it's driving me insane! I may break and get the audio though.

    Congrats on cooking this past week, I get smug when I cook twice a week!

    I've never been to Apollycon but it looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six months?? Holy cow, that's crazy. I've heard the audio version is excellent.

      Yeah, twice a week sounds like enough to me. Let's not get crazy with this eating at home thing. LOL

      Delete
  10. LOL! Yes, seriously my only goal is to go home too :)

    Congrats on 4 years! And cooking 4 meals at home is definitely something to brag about. I tend to eat at home, but "cook" is a lose term. Often I eat something very simple, like cottage cheese and applesauce to avoid cooking lol

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can relate! :)

      Cottage cheese and applesauce... um, no. LOL That does not a dinner make. Not in my world, anyway. Hahaha!

      Delete
  11. Happy Blogoversary!
    I’d love a night off from cooking :)

    Have a great reading week and please stop by:)

    Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to eat out *a lot* so cooking four nights in one week was quite the feat! LOL

      Delete
  12. I really need to cook more at home, but alas! lol Glad to hear you loved Daisy Jones. I really want to read that one.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... same. But it's just so easy to go out or grab take-out!

      Delete
  13. Yay for cooking. I like to cook except I'm not in the mood lately. We don't eat out very often but now with more running around, I don't feel like cooking when I get home.

    I went to Apollycon last year and the friends I went with also went, so I'm seeing the pics also. But I can't go every year and I'm going to Book Bonanza so that's it. I want to go to DragonCon and I'm also sad about missing Emerald City Comic Con this month.

    Enjoy your books and I hope this week is great!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Anne. Often by the end of the day the last thing I want to do when I get home is hit the kitchen.

      So great that you got to go to ApollyCon last year. And I'm so envious that you're headed to Book Bonanza!

      Delete
  14. I've been seeing The Girl He Used to Know around, and I've been curious. Sounds like it's perfect for you!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Girl He Used to Know is one I can't wait to read. I've seen so many good reviews for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love it if/when you pick it up, Suzanne! I just want to hug that book. :)

      Delete
  16. I LOVE Old Navy! Everytime I'm in the US and go shopping I seek one out and spend waaayy too much money. :)

    Apollycon sounds wonderful. I'm with you on the envy... Only, I've never been to a bookish convention. Apollycon would be a wonderful one. Apparently RARE is hitting Edinburgh again next year so I'm going to try for that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to laugh at you living across the Atlantic and being an Old Navy devotee and me living 10 minutes from one and just now discovering it. LOL

      I enjoy book conventions but they sure are exhausting. That's awesome that RARE is coming back next year!

      Delete